Walking Food Tour of Shibuya at Night
- Local guide
- Food tasting, as specified
- Beverages, as specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
What You Can Expect
Meet up with your guide at 4:20pm at Hachiko Square located by the famous Shibuya Crossing intersection. Though this famous Tokyo area is mostly known as a hub of Japanese culture and fashion, you’ll soon discover it has an equally famous reputation among locals for its food.
Skip the overpriced touristy restaurants and instead follow your guide on foot to Shibuya eateries hidden in the ward’s back alleys frequented by Tokyo locals.
As you explore and snack, you’ll get the chance to try Japanese favorites like Kobe Beef or Wagyu beef ‘yakitori’ (barbecue) skewers, Osaka-style takoyaki, Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki, several kinds of sushi, and even some taiyaki dessert to finish up. You'll even get to check out a depachika, a typical Japanese underground food hall hosted in the basement of one of the country's many department stores. One included alcoholic beverage will help you wash down your various snacks.
You’ll end your trip back at your original starting point with a full stomach and a newfound knowledge of Japan’s insider food culture.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.Passport information copy is required for kids 10 and above.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- For single person bookings, contact tour provider
- To keep your palate clear it's suggested to drink water until the final stop
- Children on this tour will have the chicken skewers instead of beef.
Products standard cancellable
(specifically in front of the green van in front of the Hachiko statue)
Start of the tour: 4:30 PM
End of the tour: 7:30 PM