Tokyo Skytree, Asakusa and Central Tokyo Sightseeing Tour
- Admission ticket to Tokyo Skytree Tembo Deck
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup (select Tokyo hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Admission ticket to the Tokyo Skytree Tembo Galleria
What You Can Expect
After being picked up from your Tokyo hotel, enjoy a scenic guided tour of central Tokyo’s ancient and modern attractions. Your guided tour by air-conditioned coach takes in the Imperial Palace Plaza with its palace and landscaped grounds, the art-deco National Diet Building and the palatial State Guest House. You’ll also see the shops and neon-lit towers of the Ginza and Akihabara districts, before arriving in the temple quarter of Asakusa.
The highlight of your visit to Asakusa is Senso-ji, Tokyo’s oldest Buddhist temple. In addition to admiring the temple’s five-story pagoda, imposing Thunder Gate and distinctive temple architecture, you’ll have the opportunity to browse the avenue of outdoor food stalls and souvenir shops leading up to the temple.
Your tour continues to the Sumida district to visit one of Tokyo’s newest attractions, the Tokyo Skytree, which opened in May 2012 and is the world’s tallest tower at a total height of 2,080 feet (634 meters). From the heady heights of the Skytree’s Tembo Deck, at 1,148 feet (350 meters), you can enjoy stunning panoramic views of Tokyo stretching to the horizon on every side. To complement the views, you’ll also find a cafe, restaurant and shop on this level. If you then wish to go higher, you may do so by purchasing an extension of your ticket directly at the ticket counter located on the Tokyo Skytree Tembo Deck. Then climb up to the Skytree Tembo Galleria on the upper observatory deck for a breathtaking view from 1,476 feet (450 meters).
The tour ends at Tokyo Station, conveniently located near the Imperial Palace grounds and Ginza commercial district.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- If elevator operations within Tokyo Skytree are halted due to strong winds or Tembo Deck operation hours suddenly change, entrance fees for Tembo Deck will be refunded, and the tour itinerary may change
- Pickup is only available from select locations in Tokyo. Please refer to “Departure Point” for listed locations
- Please note: Make sure you select the correct pickup location at checkout, as failure to appear at the pickup location at the scheduled time and location may result in a cancellation of your reservation with no refund
- If your hotel is not listed, please select Hamamatsucho Bus Station at checkout and wait for your bus there by the scheduled time on your day of travel
- The bus may be a shared ride with Japanese participants. In this case the English-speaking guide may make announcements through earphones
Products standard cancellable
ANA InterContinental Tokyo, Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal, Hyatt Regency, Keio Plaza Hotel, New Otani Tokyo, and Tokyo Station