- pin_drop Location: Tokyo (Japan)
- event Season: Daily
- check_circle Availability: Daily
- watch_later Duration: 4 hours
- people Adult: $ 45.04 USD
- face Child: $ 26.12 USD
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup (select hotels only)
- Local taxes
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop off
What You Can Expect
After hotel pickup from your selected hotel, depart Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal aboard your comfortable coach in the morning. Your knowledgeable guide provides informative commentary at each stop on your half-day tour, including several significant cultural sites in the city.
Hop off the bus at Meiji Jingu Shrine for a 30-minute tour of Japan's most famous Shinto shrine, dedicated to the Emperor Meiji and his consort. Learn about Japan’s ancient religion as you visit the sanctuary, treasure house and other structures built of Japanese cypress with copper plates for the roofs.
Your guide points out the National Diet Building — where sessions of the House of Representatives and the House of Councillors take place — en route to the Imperial Palace. Here you’ll find the stone foundation of an old Edo castle, which is all that remains of its central keep. Take a stroll through the impressive East Garden, just one among the vast Japanese gardens of the Imperial Palace, which features a tea pavilion, moats and stone walls.
After 45 minutes of meandering, continue by coach to Nakamise shopping street, a colorful shopping arcade crammed with traditional food stands and souvenir shops. Walk with your guide along the promenade leading up to Asakusa Kannon Temple (also known as Senso-ji), Tokyo's oldest and most significant Buddhist temple dating back more than 1,300 years.
Admire the golden image of Kannon, the Buddhist Goddess of Mercy, before you’re driven through the famous Ginza shopping district, Tokyo's most celebrated shopping and amusement area. Here, you'll take part in a traditional Japanese dance activity, where your half-day tour concludes in this fun neighborhood.
Note: On Mondays, Fridays and other days when the Imperial Palace East Garden is closed, the tour will visit the Imperial Palace Plaza instead.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Pickup is only available from select locations in Tokyo. Please refer to “Departure Point” for listed locations
- Please note: Make sure you select the correct pickup location at checkout, as failure to appear at the pickup location at the scheduled time and location may result in a cancellation of your reservation with no refund
- If your hotel is not listed, please select Hamamatsucho Bus Station at checkout and wait for your bus there by the scheduled time on your day of travel
Products standard cancellable
Pickup is available at the following select hotels/locations in Tokyo:
ANA InterContinental Tokyo, Cerulean Tower Tokyu, Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza, Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal, Hyatt Regency, Keio Plaza Hotel, Metropolitan Tokyo in Ikebukuro, New Sanno, Tokyo Dome Hotel, New Otani Tokyo, and Tokyo Station
2016: Concludes at the Ginza (Hibiya Station) at 1:00pm
2017: Concludes in Yurakucho at 1:15pm
Terms and Conditions
Total reviews , average 0.00
$ 45.04 USD