Tokyo by Night: Japanese Food Tour
- Local guide
- Food tastings per itinerary
- One drink (beer or sake)
- All necessary public transport
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional drinks (available for purchase)
What You Can Expect
Meet your local guide at Yurakucho Station's Central Exit in the evening to begin your tour of Tokyo’s bustling nighttime food scene. You'll walk from place to place and also take public transport. All tastings and one drink (beer or sake) are included, so indulge!
You’ll feel like a local as you stroll through the city and visit several popular eateries, starting in Yakitori Alley near Yurakucho. This area is full of casual bar-style restaurants that serve up appetizers such as yakitori (grilled chicken skewers). Dip this happy-hour staple in house-made sauces, and wash the snacks down with sake or beer.
Next, head to Tsukishima to visit Monja Street for monjayaki, a pan-fried treat that's similar to an Osaka-style okonomiyaki pancake. Chat with your cook as your snack sizzles on the grill, then use a small metal spatula to cut it into pieces and pluck it right from the grates with chopsticks.
We’ll take a quick stroll through Ginza, where you can find great confectionery shops and learn about the rich variety of traditional Japanese sweets — and, best of all, choose one to try! Usually made of rice and red beans, these sweets change based on the ingredients available at each time of year, and even their shapes are inspired by what you can find in nature during that season.
End your tour at a local pub for some more drinks (own expense), where you’re welcome to stay or return to the starting point with your guide. Your guide can also recommend other cool, off-the-grid local bars or lively karaoke joints to continue the fun.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- Legal drinking age in Tokyo is 20; customers under 20 years of age will only be served non-alcoholic drinks
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required