Tokyo Bike Tour
- Professional guide
- Bike and helmet rental
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
What You Can Expect
In the early morning, meet your local guide in a centrally located meeting spot. Strap on your helmet, jump on your bicycle, and begin your 6.5-hour tour of Tokyo.
Starting among the tall skyscrapers of Shinjuku, ride at a relaxed pace through backstreets to see a small shrine in a residential area, a great example of Tokyo's contrasting modern and traditional atmospheres.
Then, head over to Meiji-jingu, the city’s most famous Shinto religious site, through Yoyogi Park where cherry blossoms bloom in the spring. Take your time to walk around the peaceful gardens that surround the shrine with your guide.
Pedal your way to Japan’s Roppongi Hills entertainment complex through the main street of Omotesando — one of the most sophisticated shopping areas in all of Japan — and then take a backstreet to the Aoyama cemetery, which looks and feels like Tokyo 100 years ago.
Next, stop at a local supermarket to buy a bento box for lunch, just like local at your own expense. Then, visit Zōjō-ji temple where Tokyo Tower can be seen just behind.
Enjoy lunch on the waterfront just beside the Rainbow Bridge with panoramic views of the Tokyo skyline including the Aqua City Odaiba complex. After lunch, bike through the main and back streets of Ginza. Check out this exclusive shopping district then cycle your way to the Imperial Palace, home to a traditional Japanese garden, tea pavilion, stone walls, and a moat. Ride through the two outer gates of the castle, then follow along some of the large moat.
Head back to Shinjuku and to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building. Ascend 48 floors in a high-speed elevator and enjoy the 360-degree view of Tokyo, including the Tokyo Skytree, and even Mt. Fuji on a clear day. Its then just a 5-minute ride back to the original meeting point where your tour concludes.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Traveler's dates of birth and height are required at the time of booking
- Please double check the height of all passengers,otherwise you won't be able to bike
- A maximum of 5 people per booking
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Not recommended for those over age 69
- Please be aware that you should be comfortable cycling in a city on BUSY roads(20miles/32km)
- Rider height must be between 4ft 1in and 6ft 2in (125cm - 190cm) in order ensure proper bike fit
- A bike you ride is a cross city bike with a flat handle bar, NOT a cruiser bike with a high riser handle bar
- Riders should dress comfortably and have a backpack or messenger bag
- Attractions may be omitted or substituted due to operational reasons
- In case of bad weather, cycling may be canceled and full refunds will be issued
- The guide will send you an email if the tour has been canceled by 7am of the morning of the tour