Nikko National Park Day Trip from Tokyo
- Round-trip coach to Nikko National Park from Tokyo
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup (select hotels only - in 2018, the tour will only depart from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal and Keio Plaza Hotel)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop off
What You Can Expect
Board a comfortable coach at Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal after morning pickup from your selected Tokyo hotel (in 2018, departure is limited to Keio Plaza Hotel or Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal). Then enjoy the drive to Nikko, a small city at the entrance to Nikko National Park — a place of stunning scenic beauty.
The highlight here is the world-famous Toshogu Shrine, a UNESCO-listed mausoleum of the first Tokugawa Shogunate that ruled Japan until 1868. This gorgeous complex contains more than a dozen colorful structures featuring the superb craftsmanship of Japan's 17th-century artisans, set amid a tranquil forest.
Spend approx. 1.5 hours exploring the Toshogu Shrine your guide, admiring the lavish gold-leaf decorations and ornate details, including five buildings categorized as National Treasures of Japan. Be sure to look out for the famous carving of monkeys depicting the ‘hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil’ proverb.
Take a break for a Japanese lunch (provided, if upgrade selected) and then spend an some time at Lake Chuzenji.
Next, travel to Kegon Waterfall, considered one of the three most beautiful waterfalls in Nikko. You have 30 minutes to capture the perfect picture from the observation deck, located directly in front of the 264-foot (80-meter) cascade, which takes its name from the mist created by the water hitting the rocks below and producing an enchanting fog-like (kirifuri) quality.
Finish your tour at Shinjuku or Ginza stations — Tokyo's most popular shopping and entertainment districts. Browse the stores or relax with dinner and a drink at one of the many restaurants (own expense), before making your own way back to your hotel.
*In 2018, your return location will be Shinjuku.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Pickup is only available from select locations in Tokyo. Please refer to “Departure Point” for listed locations and make your selection from the drop-down list at checkout
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please Note: Heavy traffic due to autumn leaves is expected every year on Irohazaka Winding Road from October 10th to November 8th. Therefore, Kegon Falls and Lake Chuzenji will not be visited during this period. In such cases, one of the following will be visited instead: Taiyuuin Mausoleum at Rinno-ji Temple, Futarasan Shrine, Kirifuri Falls or Tamozawa Imperial Villa
- This tour will depart regardless of weather or traffic conditions, unless you are notified otherwise by the local operator. Viator and your local tour operator will not be responsible for necessary itinerary changes due to unforeseen circumstances
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please note that in 2018, the tour will depart only fromHamamatsucho Bus Terminal or Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
Products standard cancellable
ANA International Tokyo, Cerulean Tower Tokyu, Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza, Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal, Hyatt Regency, Keio Plaza Hotel, Metropolitan Tokyo in Ikebukuro, New Sanno, Tokyo Dome, New Otani Tokyo, and Tokyo Station
Please note that in 2018, the tour will depart only from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal or Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
Concludes at Shinjuku approximately 8:00pm