Kamakura and Tokyo Bay Day Trip from Tokyo
- Hotel pickup from the selected hotels in the Tokyo area
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
What You Can Expect
After hotel pickup in Tokyo by air-conditioned coach, your day trip begins with the 30-mile (50-km) drive south, through the capital city’s outskirts, to the city of Kamakura on Sagami Bay.
Here, visit the Great Buddha of Kamakura at Kotoku-in Temple. Dating back to 1252, the monumental outdoor bronze statue is a national icon. Peer into its interior (the statue is hollow), and then step back to take a photo of the whole Buddha, which stands at a height of 43 feet (13 meters).
You’ll also visit a Shinto shrine, Tsurugaoka Hachimangu, dating back to 1063, and surrounded by avenues of gateways, monumental stairways, ponds and shrines.
Stroll along Komachi-dori, a street lined with shops, eateries and souvenir vendors. Then enjoy a Japanese lunch at a hotel.
After your meal, visit Hokoku-ji, a renowned temple of the Rizal sect’s Kencho-ji school that features a beautiful bamboo grove. At Jomyo-ji Temple, enjoy matcha — powdered green tea — in the refined and tranquil atmosphere of a tearoom constructed over 400 years ago, and enjoy views of the Japanese rock garden.
Your tour then ends with your choice of drop-off in the commercial district of Ginza or Shinjuku.
Please note: This itinerary will change in 2017: lunch will be a vegetarian Buddhist meal and you will visit Enoshima instead of Komachi-dori. Jomyoji and your tea experience will be first, then Hokokuji Temple before lunch. After lunch, you will walk Enoshima before returning to Tokyo.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Itinerary order is subject to change depending on traffic, weather and operation hours
- All participants must be in good walking condition, as the temple has many stairs
- Pickup is only available from select locations in Tokyo. Please refer to “Departure Point” for listed locations
- Please note: Make sure you select the correct pickup location at checkout, as failure to appear at the pickup location at the scheduled time and location may result in a cancellation of your reservation with no refund
- If your hotel is not listed, please select Hamamatsucho Bus Station at checkout and wait for your bus there by the scheduled time on your day of travel
- In 2017, the visit to Komachi-dori will be replaced with a visit to Enoshima
Products standard cancellable
ANA InterContinental Tokyo, Cerulean Tower Tokyu, Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza, Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal, Hyatt Regency, Keio Plaza Hotel, Metropolitan Tokyo in Ikebukuro, New Sanno (pickup service is only available for guests staying at the hotel), Tokyo Dome Hotel, New Otani Tokyo, and Tokyo Station