Half-day Food and Drink Walking Tour in Tsukiji and Asakusa
- Professional and licensed guide
- Walking and cultural tour
- Samples of Japanese food as you go including Japanese omelette, Dried bonito, Japanese tea, fresh oysters, fried fish cake, Japanese sake, sushi, and Traditional Japanese sweets
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide in front of the gate of Tsukiji Honganji Temple at 8:15 am and start exploring the Tsukiji fish market with a history of 80 years as the biggest fish market in Japan.
Even for local Japanese people, Tsukiji is a special place to buy freshest and highest quality seafood and ingredients. This market is also special place for chefs. Many chefs of Michelin-star restaurants come and buy special ingredients in Tsukiji. On this food tour, you will learn about Japanese culture while sampling various kinds of symbolic Japanese food including Japanese style omelette, dried bonito, Japanese tea, fresh oysters, fried fish cakes, sake, sushi, and Japanese sweets. Menu items are subject to change depending on availability and season.
The tour will conclude at Asakusa Information Center for your onward journey.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Walking shoes recommended
- Minimum drinking age is 20 years
- A maximum of 5 people per booking
- Please note: guides are restricted in the inner market area. Guides cannot accompany you, but you will be provided a handmade map along with useful information before your exploration