Food Tour of Tsukiji Fish Market
Explore one of the world's most famous culinary destinations: Tokyo's vibrant Tsukiji Fish Market. Wander through the sprawling 80-year market with a local guide before entering the inner fish market for a self-guided 20 to 30 minute tour. Try many Japanese foods while sightseeing and learning about the Japanese culture during this 3.5-hour tour.
- Local guide
- Lunch (samples of Japanese food as you go: Japanese omelette, dried bonito, a cup of Japanese tea, fresh oysters, fried fish cake, a cup of sake, sushi)
- Hotel pickup/drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide in front of the gate of Tsukiji Honganji Temple at 8:15am and start exploring the Tsukiji fish market on this 3.5-hour food-focused tour. Soak up the sights, sounds, and smells, and learn about Tsukiji's 80-year history as the biggest fish market in Japan.
For local people, Tsukiji is a special place to buy the freshest, high-quality seafood and ingredients. This market is also special place for chefs and many chefs of Michelin-star restaurants come to Tsukiji in the morning to buy their ingredients.
While wandering through the colorful market, check out its fresh produce, from tuna to octopus tentacles, and get ready to eat and drink as the locals do. Learn about Japanese culture while sampling various kinds of symbolic Japanese foods along the way, such as Japanese-style omelettes, dried bonito, Japanese tea, fresh oysters, fried fish cakes, sake, and sushi.
Finish your tour, with a full belly, at Tsukiji Station.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infant meals not included
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Walking shoes recommended
- Minimum drinking age is 20 years
- Please note: guiding at the inner market has recently been restricted. Guides can not accompany you. Alternatively, you will provided a handmade map along with useful information before your exploration