Day Trip to Mt Fuji 5th Station including Peach or Grape
This itinerary provides the perfect combination of the most popular places for the summer season. Do not miss a chance to visit 5th station, which is accessible during summer only. Enjoy Yamanashi prefecture local cuisine “HOTO hotpot” at lunch time near the lake Kawaguchi. This Tour will take you to Mt. Kachikachi ropeway, where you will take an 8 minute ride to the observatory and be able to see a picturesque view of Mt. Fuji. Once back from the ropeway, you will visit a farm to try fresh fruits. Enjoy the seasonal fruits as much as you wish. The last destination is Chateau Katsunuma winery. Yamanashi prefecture is well known for good wine. Try some and find your favorite bottle on this day trip.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- English or Chinese-speaking tour conductor/staff
- All-you-can-eat fruit (cherries, peaches or grapes)
- Fruits picking activity
- Ropeway ride
- Customized hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter
- Gratuities (optional)
What You Can Expect
The tour will start from either “Hotel Gracery shinjuku” or “Shinjuku Washington Hotel”. The tour will first head to Mt. Fuji 5th station, where the tour bus will drive 2300 meters above the sea level by Subaru Line. You will be amazed by the breathtaking panoramic views from the observatory. Not only will you see the grand view of the foot of the mountain, but you will also be able to see the majestic view of Mt Fuji. Take a moment to appreciate the beauty as you take a 50-minute walk around the area.
Next, you will head to a restaurant near Lake Kawaguchi. The Yamanashi specialty “HOTO Hot Pot” noodles and fried chicken will be served for lunch. (※Contains no beef or pork. Vegetarian meal is also available if informed at least 5 days in advance.) Enjoy the local food and if you finish lunch early, stroll around the area until the bus departs.
The tour will then head to the Mt. Kachi-Kachi ropeway, where you will take a short ride to the observatory, which is perfectly located to see a full view of Mt. Fuji. You will have around 20 minutes to stay at the observatory. Do not miss the chance to take photos of the mountain. You will take the ropeway on the way back to the bus parking as well.
Later the bus will take you to a fruit farm at a small town "Enzan" for luscious cherries, or “Misaka” famous for its plump grapes and succulent peaches. Enjoy locally produced seasonal fruits as much as you wish for approx. 30 minutes. (※Cherry picking is available from May 15th until June 19th. Peaches served (on the plate) + picking 2 peaches as a souvenir from June 20th until August 5th. Enjoy grape picking from August 6th).
The final destination is Chateau Katsunuma winery in the Yamanashi prefecture. This area is representative of producing good wine as they harvest high quality of grapes. Try some Japanese wine as the shop will offer you wine tasting. Find some your favorite bottles to bring back before heading back to Shinjuku.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant (0-2 years old) are FOC with no arrangement.
- Child(3-5 years old) rates apply, the bus seat and all-you-can-eat seasonal fruits fee are included.
- Please note: If weather conditions are poor, you may not be able to see Mt Fuji or experience fruits picking.
- When Fuji Subaru line is closed due to the bad weather, 5th station visit will be omittedand tour will visit an alternative sightseeing place around Mt. Fuji.
- Ropeway ride may be suspended due to the strong wind or bad weather. In this case the refund of its fare will be made for adult & youth only, also Mt. Tenjo Park visit will be omitted and tour will visit alternative sightseeing place instead.
- Delays, shortenings of the tour or omissions made to the itinerary due to traffic, weather or other circumstances that are beyond the control of the tour operator are not subject to refund
- If the tour operator has to cancel the tour because of a typhoon, heavy snow or other circumstances beyond their control,you will besuggested a date change or receive a full refund.
- An English-speaking or Chinese-speaking tour conductor or staff will provide you with some basic information during the trip, but he/she is not responsible for providing any detailed introduction of attractions.
- Cherries are from 15 May until 19 June, Peaches are from 20 June until 5 August and Grapes arefrom6 August. Subject to change depends on ripening condition. (*Fruit ripening time varies slightly according to weather. In some cases, pre-picked fruits might be served instead of fresh fruit picking activity.)
- Kind of grapes will be changed according to the ripening season andthe weather conditions. It could be Kyoho (Aug-Sep), Berry A or Kaiji (Sep-Oct), Koshu (Sep-Nov).
- If you need vegetarian meal, please inform us at the time of booking or at least 5 days prior to the tour departure date.
- Wearing clothes and shoes that let you move easily and comfortably is strongly recommended.
- According to traffic conditions etc, the order of the itinerary may have to be changed.
- It is strongly recommended to wear thicker clothes or bring extra clothes as Mt Fuji 5th Station is located at 2,305 m high and the temperature is 10-15 degree Celsius lower than the plains surrounding the mountain. It is also advised to wear a pair of walking shoes.
- The meeting time on August 11–15 is 7:20 which is 30 minutes earlier than the regular schedule. Tour does NOT depart from the Hotel Gracery Shinjuku on those dates.
Products standard cancellable
3rd Floor of the Main Shinjuku Washington Hotel
Main Shinjuku Washington Hotel - 7:50am
*The meeting time on August 11–15 is 7:20 which is 30 minutes earlier than the regular schedule. Tour does NOT depart from the Hotel Gracery Shinjuku on those dates.