Sydney Taronga Zoo's Australian Animals Tour
- All-day pass to Taronga Zoo
- Sky Safari round-trip
- Small-group guided tour(1.5 hours)
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink
- Transportation to the zoo
- Gratuities (optional)
What You Can Expect
Taronga Zoo is one of Sydney’s top attractions and is loved by locals and tourists alike. Located on the magnificent harbor, just 12 minutes by ferry with views of iconic landmarks this is truly a zoo with a view!
Arrive at the zoo and take the Sky Safari cable car to the top entrance. Fly above the Zoo as it skims the canopy of the Asian rainforest inhabited by Taronga's orangutans and glide across the mysterious riverscape of AGL Amazonia, home to the Zoo's South American animals.
Feel like a VIP as you tour the zoo and learn first-hand about the animals and how a zoo operates. Meet the hand-raised animals and wander the Australian animal walk-through to come face to face with wallabies and kangaroos. Don’t forget your camera as there are great photo opportunities with koalas, kangaroos and other Australian native animals.
After your tour, spend the rest of the day checking out the great activities on offer at the zoo. There are expert talks through out the day, the not to be missed free flying bird show and the ever popular seal show.
The easiest way to get to the zoo is by ferry. Not only is it convenient but a great way to see the spectacular Sydney Harbour. Ferries depart from Wharf 4 at Circular Quay every 30 minutes.
Once you have arrived at Taronga Wharf, take the Sky Safari cable car for a ride high over the zoo grounds. over looking Sydney's most famous landmarks and giving you a bird's-eye view over the zoo inhabitants, ending at the top entrance of the zoo. Alternatively, take the zoo's bus shuttle that meets every ferry.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Information sheets are available from Taronga Zoo Information Centre in Japanese, German, Italian, Chinese, Korean, French, Vietnamese and Spanish
- Maximum 6 people per tour
- The VIP tour operates two times a day. Please see pricing for tour departure times.
- Taronga Zoo Opening Hours:
- 9:30am - 5pm September 1, to April 30, 20149:30am - 4:30pm May 1, to August 31, 2014
- 9:30am - 5pm September 1, to April 30, 2015 *New Years Eve is subject to change due to the NYE celebrations
Products standard cancellable
Taronga Zoo, located at Bradley's Head Road, Mosman, Sydney