Small-Group Hunter Valley Wine and Cheese Tasting Tour from Sydney
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Wine tasting
- Cheese tasting
- Cafe lunch with hot and cold options
- Pickup and drop off from designated meeting points or contact the operator to request a hotel pick up (many central hotels)
- not applicable
What You Can Expect
Hunter Valley is one of Australia’s prime regions for producing high-quality wine and foods. Discover some of Hunter Valley's best wines on this personalized wine and cheese-tasting tour. From Sydney, take in the sunning scenery as you head north over the Sydney Harbour Bridge, through the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park and across the Hawkesbury River, arriving in Hunter Valley in just over two hours.
Hunter Valley Semillon is widely considered the iconic wine of the region, however, this area is also home to some of the oldest Shiraz vines in the world. Today you will discover the subtleties of flavor as you sample up to 20 different wines, styles and blends and visit several well-known wineries, such as Irongate Estate,Tempus Two and McGuigans. You will also have the opportunity to buy bottles directly from the cellar door.
The Hunter Valley is also known for its premium artisan food products. After your wine tour, enjoy a cheese tasting at a local cheese shop. Enjoy a delicious cafe lunch with hot and cold options. This is a great tour to discover and enjoy Australian wines in a fun and social atmosphere.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pick-ups are from designated meeting points or you can request a hotel pick-up from a central hotel by contacting the operator to arrange
- Small-group tour with a maximum 20 participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Must be 18 years or older to taste wines