Hunter Valley Wine Tasting Tour from Sydney
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Three wine tastings
- Lunch paired with matching wines
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
What You Can Expect
You’ll leave Sydney in the morning and travel about two hours to the Hunter Valley, getting magnificent views of the Hawkesbury River as you approach the valley. Keep an eye out for the remains of a convict-built road that winds into the hills.
With a reputation for fine wine and other edible delights, the Hunter Valley is a wine and food lovers dream, and your knowledgable guide will show you the best spots. Your first stop will be Leogate Estate Wines where you can sample their award-winning wines and hear about their history in the region.
Head to Hunter Valley Resort for a delicious lunch with a selection of lamb, chicken, salmon or vegetarian dishes specially paired with wines to compliment the meal. The resort sits among 40-year old shiraz vineyards on 70 secluded acres in the heart of Hunter Valley. Enjoy the ambiance as you sip wine and take in the surroundings.
After lunch, visit McGuigan Wines to sample their wines. Established in the 1880's McGuigan Wines is now one of the most awarded wineries in the world having won 'worlds best best winemaker' three times.
Wrap up your day in Hunter Valley with a stop at Hunter Valley Gardens. Walk through some of the magnificently landscaped gardens, tantalize your taste-buds with artisan chocolates, or enjoy a coffee at one of the many cafes (own expense). You can even sample wine, beer or liquors at The Garden Cellars (own expense). After a full day, relax on the ride back to your Sydney hotel.
7:00 a.m. - Vibe Hotel Sydney
7:05 a.m. - Mercure Sydney
7:10 a.m. - Capitol Theatre (Front of Theatre)
7:20 a.m. - Novotel Darling Harbour
7:25 a.m. - Parkroyal Darling Harbour
7:30 a.m. - Hilton Hotel Sydney (Pitt Street entrance)
7:40 a.m. - Hyatt Regency Sydney (Lower Ground Level of Hotel, Slip Street Entrance)
7:45 a.m. - Sofitel Wentworth Hotel
7:55 a.m. - Four Seasons Hotel Sydney (Harrington St entrance)
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years to consume alcohol.