Chef-Led Hunter Valley Gourmet Food and Wine Day Trip from Sydney
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Selected hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
What You Can Expect
After early morning pickup from your Sydney hotel, your guide will welcome you with a selection of healthy snacks to keep you satisfied until breakfast.
The first stop of the day is the Sydney Fish Markets. Kick-start the day by grabbing a coffee as you explore and learn about the Sydney Fish Markets. Watch the auction floor in action or join your guide as they select locally caught seafood for the day’s menu.
Break up the journey with a freshly cooked hot breakfast beside the picturesque Hawkesbury River.
Continue along the picturesque convict built Great North Road as your guide shares information about the Hunter Valley’s fascinating history and unique wine varieties.
On reaching the Hunter Valley stop in the historic hamlet of Wollombi for the first tasting of the day. Roll your own sushi ‘the way you like it’. Select the wine you think best matches it as you sample and learn about Wollombi wines from the winemakers themselves.
Continue past rolling hills to the next handpicked winery with panoramic views of the Great Dividing Range. Discover local made wines as you graze on delicious dishes, prepared by your guide/chef, designed to match the tasting.
The Hunter Valley is also known for its quality regional produce like olive oils, chutneys, olives and chili sauces. If time permits, a stop at a favourite local produce store means you can try as many delicacies as you like.
Relish in the pleasure of tasting Barramundi and Kangaroo with Hunter Semillon and Shiraz. Then devour a decadent dessert accompanied with sweet dessert wine to wrap up your gourmet experience before returning to Sydney.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Maximum number per booking is 14 people
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately