Canberra Day Trip from Sydney
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Selected hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
What You Can Expect
Your full-day tour starts with morning pickup from your Sydney hotel. Set out for Canberra aboard your comfortable air-conditioned coach, listening to your guide’s informative commentary about the sights you pass.
On the way to Canberra you’ll stop in Southern Highlands at Sutton Forest. Here you can stretch your legs or treat yourself to morning tea (own expense).
Continuing on, your coach climbs to the summit of Mt Ainslie where you get panoramic views over Canberra. Look for the large red-brick boulevard named ANZAC Parade, in honor of ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) troops. It forms the main axis between Parliament House and Mount Ainslie.
As you drive through central Canberra, your guide points out important civic monuments such as National Library of Australia, National Carillon bell tower, the High Court of Australia and the Captain Cook Memorial Jet (fountain).
Your day trip includes private guided tours of the Australian War Memorial, and either the National Art Gallery or the National Museum of Australia depending on the exhibits. Your guide provides fascinating insight into each museum, which present top-notch exhibits that explore Australian culture and history.
You also get a guided tour of the stunning Parliament House, which reopened in 1988 after extensive renovations. The innovative buildings include rooftop gardens with 360-degree views of the city. Later, drive past The Lodge, which is the official residence of the Prime Minister. As Australia’s political and administrative center, Canberra houses various foreign embassies and other key national institutions.
After taking in the many highlights of Canberra, head back to Sydney in the late afternoon, with a stop en route where you can purchase dinner. Your tour ends in the evening when you are returned to your original pick-up points.
NB: As 01 April 2018 we will no longer visit the National Art Gallery
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You may choose to stay at the Australian War Memorial in lieu of either the National Art Gallery or National Museum of Australia (whichever is applicable)
- Please note that no bags or backpacks allowed in the War Memorial
Products standard cancellable
7:25am Vibe Hotel Sydney
7:35am Sheraton on the Park (Castlereagh St entrance)
Select your pick-up location at time of booking. Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to departure.
Note: Pick-up times are estimates only and subject to traffic conditions.