Blue Mountains and Jenolan Caves Motorcoach Day Tour
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide at Jenolan Caves
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entrance fees
- Advanced caving of Elder Cave (if option selected)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
What You Can Expect
After being picked up from your selected Sydney hotels, sit back and relax as you enjoy a scenic coach trip from central Sydney to the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains National Park.
As you wind your way through the national park, your tour takes you through the Blue Mountains' biggest town, Katoomba, with its century-old guesthouses and charming shops and cafes.
Continue on to Echo Point, one of the region's best vantage points. Take in stunning views of the dramatic canyons and rocky cliffs, over the Megalong Valley to the photogenic pinnacles of the Three Sisters.
Your tour also takes you along the ridge-top Cliff Drive, with more stunning views over the Blue Mountains and valleys as you travel to the amazing Jenolan Caves. Here, take a guided tour through the oldest open cave system in the world, stretching underground for more than 25 miles (40 kilometers). Admire the dramatic lighting in this subterranean world of underground rivers and floodlit limestone stalactite sculptures, and visit Jenolan's largest cave, Lucas Cave, where concerts are held in the acoustically perfect Cathedral chamber. At certain times of the year, the tour might take you to the equally impressive Imperial Cave instead of Lucas Cave.
Choose the option to include the Plughole Adventure Tour*, and add an exciting two-hour abseiling and caving experience. After dressing in overalls, harness, a helmet and headlamp, receive a safety briefing before your thrilling 30-foot (9-meter) abseil into Elder Cave.
Whether you're an abseiling novice or expert, Elder Cave will astound you with its chambers and sinkholes. Squeeze through increasingly longer chambers, including the Window and Crystal chambers. Relax in the open space of the Chapel, try the Armchair Squeeze and Letterbox Squeeze, then follow the S-bend through the Imperial Cave and into the daylight.
Leaving the Jenolan Caves on your return drive to Sydney, stop to admire the beautiful Blue Lake, whose mineral-rich waters take on an incredibly blue hue in the sunlight. At the end of your Blue Mountains and Jenolan Caves day trip, be dropped off at selected Sydney hotels in the late afternoon.
*Please Note - if you choose the Plughole Adventure Tour, you forego the guided cave tour.
7:10am Vibe Hotel Sydney
7:15am Mercure Sydney
7:20am Capitol Theatre (Front of theatre)
7:30am Novotel Darling Harbour
7:35am Parkroyal Darling Harbour
7:40am Hilton Hotel Sydney (Pitt St entrance)
7:50am Hyatt Regency Sydney (Lower Ground Level of Hotel, Slip Street entrance)
7:55am Sofitel Wentworth Hotel
8:05am Four Seasons Hotel Sydney (Harrington St entrance)
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Ifyou choose thePlughole Adventure Tour, you forego the guided cave tour.*Please Note - if you choose thePlughole Adventure Tour, you forego the guided cave tour.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children must be 10 years and above to participate in advanced adventure caving