- pin_drop Location: San-Francisco (USA)
- event Season: Daily
- check_circle Availability: Daily
- watch_later Duration: 9 hours
- people Adult: $ 117 USD
- face Child: $ 94 USD
- Expert guide and commentary
- Wine tasting at 3 wineries
- Hotel pickup and drop-offÂ (most hotels in downtown San Francisco/Fisherman's Wharf area, but do not pick up outside SF city limits)
- Wine pairing and gourmet lunch (upgrade; select at checkout if desired)
- Muir Woods National Park entrance fee (USD10.00)
- Additional food and drinks
- Lunch for children is not included in rate and will need to be paid at restaurant. Children order a la carte. (Customer is responsible for payment on site)
What You Can Expect
Get an early start at Muir Woods National Monument with hotel pickup in the morning. Youâ€™ll depart San Francisco, passing the Palace of Fine Arts and the Presidio, for a drive north across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge. Gaze at the city skyline and Alcatraz Island en route to the renowned wine country of Northern California.
Enjoy early arrival at Muir Woods, before most other tour groups reach the park. This national monument is the site of a virgin forest of California Coast redwood trees, among the oldest and tallest on Earth. You'll have approximately one hour to admire the groves of giant sequoias. Behold the majestic redwoods as you take a leisurely nature walk with your informative guide, who points out native coastal flora and fauna including ferns, laurel trees and the occasional deer.
Cross moss-lined creeks and stand in awe beneath trees that reach 250 feet (76 meters) skyward. Then re-board the vehicle to spend a leisurely afternoon wine tasting at three wineries in Napa Valley and Sonoma County. Typical stops include Madonna Estate Winery, Cline Cellars and Mayo Family Winery, but locations are subject to change, depending on availability.
Youâ€™ll spend up to one hour at each selected winery, with the opportunity to try 3 to 5 delicious wines, enjoy a sparkling wine tasting, and purchase bottled wine to take home. All wine tastings are complimentary!
Arrive at your first winery in the Carneros region of Sonoma County, where you'll indulge in a variety of elegant wines. Stroll the winery grounds, take scenic photos among the vines, and enjoy the friendly atmosphere as you enjoy a personalized experience.
You have an hour of free time at the Sonoma Plaza to purchase lunch, browse the boutiques or enjoy additional wine tasting at the many tasting rooms (fees not included), before sipping more California varietals at your second and third winery, including Napa Valley.
Then relax on the return journey over the Golden Gate Bridge, enjoying sweeping views of the San Francisco Bay and seaside cliffs before hotel drop-off.
Redwoods & Wine Country Escape with Gourmet Food & Wine Pairing UPGRADE
- Muir Woods National Monument, Sonoma & Napa Valley in 1 Day
- Enjoy an exclusive three course gourmet food and wine pairing!
- Lunch for children not included in rate and needs to get paid at the restaurant
NV Gloria Blanc de Noir, Sonoma
Cheese Plate with Fresh Fruit
2014 Dry Creek Chenin Blanc, Healdsburg
(Choose one from below)
with fresh basil and Parmesan Cheese
Classic Caesar Salad
romaine hearts with the Bistroâ€™s home-made Caesar Dressing
2014 Dirty Pond Pinot Noir, Sonoma
(Choose one from below)
with almond-arugula pesto and grated Pecorino Romano
seasonal vegetables and balsamic reduction
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years or under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height
- Audio tour headsets available in Spanish, Italian, French, German, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements. Please bring USD20.00 deposit on the day of the tour. This will be refunded at the end
- For hotel pickups, please select the Hilton Towers on 333 O'Farrell Street (Maison Street entrance) if your hotel is not listed
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Products standard cancellable
*For hotel pickups, please select the Hilton Towers on 333 O'Farrell Street (Maison Street entrance) if your hotel is not listed
Terms and Conditions
Total reviews , average 0.00
$ 117 USD