Private Segway Tour-Wharf & Hills of San Francisco
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- 3-hour Segway tour
- 40-minute training session
- Helmet and safety vest - Jackets and gloves available for foggy days
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Admission fees
What You Can Expect
Riding a Segway is intuitive, like bike-riding, but it takes a moment to learn how to operate it. You'll have 35-45 minutes of Segway training before beginning your tour, so that you become comfortable riding the most innovative transportation of the millennium. You will practice until your group feels familiar with the Segway, then be ready to tour San Francisco!
Once you’re rolling, you’ll follow your guide along the streets of San Francisco on a 3-hour tour, with the ability to cover more distance than on a typical walking tour and plenty of opportunities to stop for photos and questions along the way. You’ll have more time than on the regular public tour, and your guide will be able to adjust the itinerary and pace to your group’s interests and skills.
Enjoy stunning views of the San Francisco Bay as you glide along the waterfront. If your group is feeling confident, you may even take on some hills!
You’ll cruise through Aquatic Park to the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park, taking in great views of Alcatraz Island and the Golden Gate Bridge. Next you’ll head to Russian Hill, and Lombard Street, the most crooked street in the world. Depending on your skill level, you may get the chance to ride down Lombard!
Glimpse hidden stairways and paths as you travel through the streets to North Beach, an area with strong Italian roots, evident in the cafes and restaurants. You’ll stop in the heart of North Beach at Washington Square Park, next to Saints Peter and Paul Church, and hear about the history of the area, from early explorers, to Gold Rush fever, to Beat poets, the counterculture and more. You’ll then return to the waterfront and glide past historic ships including a WWII Liberty ship, Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. The hills portion of the route may be adjusted or canceled based on rider ability and safety.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Pregnant women will not be permitted to participate
- Riders must weigh between 100 and 250 pounds (45 to 113 kilos)
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Children aged 18 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- All participants must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance
- Tours operate rain, fog or shine
- Lowest price displayed is based on 8 to 9 persons in the party
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Products standard cancellable
Golden Gate Park tour departs from Golden Gate Park