Golden Gate Park Segway Tour
Riding a Segway is similar to riding a bike. It's intuitive, but nobody is born knowing how to operate it. You'll have 35 - 45 minutes of training prior to beginning the tour so you can get familiar with the most innovative transportation device of the millennium. You will practice on the Segway until everyone feels comfortable and ready to tour Golden Gate Park!
- 2.5-hour Segway training and tour (approx.)
- Helmet and safety vest - Jackets and gloves available for foggy days
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
What You Can Expect
After a brief training session on your Segway, you will be off to enjoy an eco-friendly tour of San Francisco's magnificent Golden Gate Park! You will cover more distance than a typical walking tour and have the opportunity to stop for photos along the way. Your tour guide will point out local landmarks such as Stow Lake, the Conservatory of Flowers, the Lawn Bowling Courts, the California Academy of Sciences, the deYoung Museum and Shakespeare Garden.
You will also learn about the history of Golden Gate Park, and how it was transformed in the 1870s from barren sand dunes into the flourishing National Historic Place it is today. Your knowledgeable guide will uncover hidden gems, such as Lily Pond, Storybook Cross, Fern Grotto, an amazing Redwood tree grove, and a pioneer log cabin.
This Segway tour is the perfect way to see, learn about and photograph an urban oasis in the heart of San Francisco!
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Pregnant women will not be permitted to participate
- Riders must weigh between 100 and 250 pounds (45 to 113 kilos)
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Children aged 18 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- All participants must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance
- Tours operate rain, fog or shine
- Maximum of 16 people together for training then split into 2 groups of 8 for tour