- pin_drop Location: Rome (Italy)
- event Season: Daily
- check_circle Availability: Daily
- watch_later Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
- people Adult: $ 124.88 USD
- face Child: $ 112.88 USD
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entrance ticket to the Colosseum
- Entrance ticket to the Colosseum Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
What You Can Expect
Once known as the Flavian Ampitheatre, the Rome Colosseum was easily the largest building of the Roman Empire, built to host the gladiator battles that typified the culture of Ancient Rome. Still by far the most impressive building in Rome today, the Colosseum is a must-visit attraction and, as such, draws incredibly long queues! After meeting your expert guide nearby, start your Colosseum tour by skipping the long lines and heading directly inside with your priority-entrance ticket.
Your first stop is the Colosseum's fascinating underground level, open to a limited amount of people each day. Explore the network of underground passages, chambers and cells as your guide brings this subterranean maze to life with tales of gore and glory! It was here that Roman gladiators prepared for battle, and where the fearsome, wild animals they fought were caged.
Working upward, you'll see the arena next. Rather than walking round the edge as most do, you get to step right into the space where battles were once fought. Little of the original arena floor still exists, but the gaps allow you to enjoy clear views of the underground levels below.
Your tour then takes you to the Colosseum's upper tier. Recently opened for the first time since the 1970s, this third level was where the lower Roman classes sat when cheering the gladiators, enjoying bird's-eye views of the action below. Walk around and enjoy the views from this unique vantage point.
Your Colosseum tour now comes to an end, but there is more of Ancient Rome to see! Take a leisurely walk to the Roman Forum -- the sprawl of ruins that was the heart of ancient Rome. Head up Palatine Hill with your guide to see where rich Romans once lived, and enjoy views of Nero's Circus Maximus, where chariot races were held. Your tour ends on the Via Sacra, the main street of ancient Rome that leads to Capitoline Hill.
Please note: the order of which sites are visited may be reversed on this itinerary, although all sites as mentioned above will be visited.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Important: Please note that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
Products standard cancellable
Terms and Conditions
Total reviews , average 0.00
$ 124.88 USD