Come and experience the mystery of the Mayan World. Discover Coba and Chimuch. Coba is an ancient Mayan village in the state of Quintana Roo. In its day, Coba was home to over 50,000 inhabitants. Coba had gained economic control over the region, trading extensively with other Mayan communities in what today is known as Mexico, Belize and Honduras. The only access to this once commercial city was through rough stone and plaster roads, known in Mayan as “sacbe”.
Surrounded by two large lagoons, Coba boasts archeological wonders and is home to the tallest Mayan pyramid in the Yucatan region: the Nohoch Mul Pyramid, which rises an impressive 140 feet (42 meters) above the rainforest floor. You can climb all the way to the top and enjoy panoramic views of the miles of jungle that surrounds this archeological site.
A multilingual guide will give you an overview and history of the city, then you will be free to explore at your own pace. You will also have the opportunity to kayak or canoe in the beautiful lagoon, swim in the crystal clear cenotes and rappel above the Mayan jungle.
Next stop is Chimuch, a small village, where you can observe how locals live, watch them make tortillas and you will be served an authentic homemade Yucatan buffet.
A cultural tour not to be missed!!! It is one of the most spectacular and thrilling things to do in Riviera Maya.
- Visit typical Mayan villages,ziplinethrough the jungle and kayak on the lagoon of Coba
- A cultural and fun tour to get in touch with the Mayan culture
- Amaze with the view from the top of the Nohoc Mul temple, the tallest of the Mayan civilization
- Transportation in air-conditioned van
- All day multilingual adventure guide
- Mayan guides at locations
- Entrance fee to Coba
- Qualified archaeological guide in Coba
- Kayak or canoe
- Zip-line gear
- Alcoholic drinks
What to Bring
- Wear comfortable (closed-toe) shoes
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Biodegradable sun screen
- Mosquito repellent
Terms and Conditions
Policy of use of cameras
- Based on international safety standards and committed to ensure the wellbeing of all passengers, it is not allowed to use any photography or video cameras during the adventure activities, because at all times visitors shall remain with both hands free. This includes cameras type "point and shoot", SLR, cellular and disposable cameras and DSLR cameras.
- It is allowed the camera "action cam" style (Go Pro), only if it is assembled in a chest or head mount during the excursion. The use of mounted action cameras is not allowed in selfie sticks, wrist mount, hand mount or any other that is not chest or head mount.
Please confirm your reservation 48 hours in advance call Olympus Tours Riviera Maya office 1-855-203-9910 or firstname.lastname@example.org Remember no refund for unused.