Panama City and Canal Walking Tour
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fees to Miraflores Locks and Punta Culebra Nature Center
- Smithsonian’s Punta Culebra
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
What You Can Expect
After meeting your local guide, you’ll begin your Panama City tour by wandering through the old historic district of Casco Viejo, which is so beautiful it’s been named a UNESCO World Heritage site. Here, your guide will point out landmarks and important features of the neighbourhood, and fill you in on the secrets that only locals know.
Continue on through Balboa, exploring some of the old U.S. military zone, and see the headquarters for the legendary Panama Canal before heading to the Miraflores Locks visitor centre. Here you’ll be able to see the ships on their journey through one of the most famous canals the world, which connects the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. This part of your Panama Canal tour will tell you all you need to know about this incredible feat of engineering, with help from your local guide and a self-guided tour through the museum dedicated to the Canal.
From here you’ll head to Ancon to explore more of this famous part of the city before moving on to the Amador Causeway to take in the view of the Bridge of the Americas. We’ll grab bite a bite to eat and enjoy a little nature walk on the Smithsonian-owned Punta Culebra. Enjoy this amazing and historic 'secret' part of Panama City – if you’re lucky, you might even spot a sloth!
Finally, your local guide will drop you off back at the start point. From here, you’re free to shop at a local market, enjoy the view from one of the many rooftop bars or take a well-deserved rest and reflect on all you’ve learned about the awesome Panama City!
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- Note: Spanish-speaking guides are available upon request. Please contact the local tour operator upon booking if you require this service
- Important: If you are joining the tour from the airport, you must make your own way to the meeting point. Your flight must arrive prior to 6am in order to make it to the tour's departure time of 8am
- Closure of sites: Please note that the Panama government has recently discussed closing the Cerro Ancon bridge, and as a result, we may be unable to visit it on this tour. Should this happen, we'll offer a suitable alternative for that portion of the tour.
- A maximum of 9 people per booking