- pin_drop Location: Panama-City (Panama)
- event Season: Daily (half-day tour) Tuesday - Sunday (full-day tour)
- check_circle Availability: Daily (half-day tour) Tuesday - Sunday (full-day tour)
- watch_later Duration: 4-7 hours
- people Adult: $ 104.99 USD
- face Child: $ 51.99 USD
- Admission to Miraflores Visitor Centre & Canal Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Lunch (full-day tour only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Lunch (half-day tour)
What You Can Expect
Your Panama City and Canal Sightseeing Tour begins with pickup from your Panama City hotel and a scenic drive through the modern area of town. As you wind your way toward the colonial neighborhood, your guide will point out areas of interest along the way. The Casco Antiguo district, built in 1673, boasts impressive Spanish architectural design and is home to many famous plazas, cobblestone streets and public parks. Transport yourself back in history as you visit France Plaza, Las Bovedas, the San Jose church with its gold altar, the Flat Arch and the Cathedral church.
Next, you'll travel to the famous Panama Canal, driving through the French quarter along the way. This is where the French workers, led by Ferdinand de Lesseps (who initiated the construction of the Panama Canal), built their houses in typical French architectural style.
The Panama Canal has many interesting surrounding landmarks, including the Palacio de las Garzas (the President of Panama's official office), the enchanted Balboa area and the Panama Canal Administration Building. You'll have time to capture various pictures of the canal itself, as well as of the famous Panama Canal Locks. The locks, known to be one of the greatest engineering innovations of the time, were built in 1909, 22 years prior to the start of the complex building of the Hoover Dam.
If possible, the schedule will be accommodated to allow you to watch vessels as they travel through the Miraflores Locks, one of the canal’s other lock systems. Your tour also includes admission to the Panama Canal Visitors Center.
If you choose the full-day tour option, you'll then head over to Amador Causeway, a manmade network of beautiful islands. Among palm trees and other tropical flora, you'll enjoy breathtaking views of the Panama Canal and the Panama City skyline.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Hotel info required
Products standard cancellable
Tour departs from your Panama City hotel
Returns to original departure point
Terms and Conditions
Total reviews , average 0.00
$ 104.99 USD