Combination Tour from Panama City: Rainforest, San Lorenzo Fort and Canal Expansion
Panama is home to 159 species of mammals, 98 species of reptiles, and 65 amphibious species. Among these are monkeys, sloths, anteaters, spider and caimans, crocodiles, and many snakes. This rainforest is an ecological paradise not to be missed! There are many stops included for photo opportunities. The tour continues on to the ruins of San Lorenzo Fort which is famous for repelling attacks by all the pirates of the Caribbean for almost 75 years, our guide will expalin the history behind the famous ruins. Then you will stop at the new Canal Expansion: Agua Clara where you will observe how work the new Canal system with super tanker and big cargos ships transiting the new locks.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or Minibus
- Professional driver
- Beverages (soda, water or local beer)
- Fresh local fruit
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees to National Park San Lorenzo
- Entrance fee Canal expansion
What You Can Expect
The tour starts with hotel pick from Panama City followed by a 1.5-hour mini bus ride to Colon. There, you will take a 20-minute ferry ride across the rainforest followed by a minibus ride around the rainforest. There will be many stops for your to observe and take photos of the multiple wildlife you will see.
Afterwards, you will head to the San Lorenzo fort and then to see the Panama Canal extension where you will spend about 45 minutes learning about the project. You will be taken back to your hotel afterwards.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults