- pin_drop Location: New-York-City (USA)
- event Season: Daily
- check_circle Availability: Daily
- watch_later Duration: 1.5 hours for the tour; allow 2-4 hours for the 9/11 Museum if option is selected
- people Adult: $ 69 USD
- face Child: $ 59 USD
- Narrated walking tour
- Guide with personal connection to 9/11
- 9/11 Museum admission (if option selected at time of booking)
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide outside of St. Paulâ€™s Chapel. Please note: You will not meet at the 9/11 Memorial or 9/11 Museum.
You'll visit St. Paul Chapel, New York City's oldest standing church. During the tragic days following the event, it served as a shelter for rescue workers to sleep and eat. The church experienced its own miracle on 9/11 when a fallen tree protected the building from the debris of the attacks. Take note of the iron fence on Broadway, which was plastered with missing posters of relatives.
Then, follow your guide to the 9/11 Memorial, where youâ€™ll gain an understanding of the horrific events of 9/11. As you explore the site where the World Trade Center once stood, youâ€™ll be captivated by real firsthand stories of 9/11 from your guide, who has a personal connection with that fateful day in New York City.
The 9/11 Memorial was built to honor the nearly 3,000 people killed in the terror attacks of September 11, 2001. The names of every victim of the attack are inscribed in panels alongside twin reflecting pools, spanning nearly an acre with the largest man-made waterfalls in North America. You'll have until 6pm to explore the memorial on your own.
9/11 Museum Upgrade:
You can also upgrade to gain admission to the 9/11 Museum. Your guide will give a brief overview of what you can expect inside the museum, which opened in May 2014. The 9/11 Museumâ€™s 110,000 square feet (10,219 square meters) of exhibition space is located within the archaeological heart of the World Trade Center site. The stories of the 1993 and 2001 bombings of the World Trade Center, and the people affected by the events, are told through multimedia displays, archives, narratives, and a collection of authentic artifacts. The monumental artifacts in the museum present the intimate stories of loss, compassion, reckoning, and recovery that are central to telling the story of the attacks and the aftermath.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable shoes
- Please dress appropriately and bring layers in case of cold weather
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- 9/11 Museum admission is NOT included unless option is selected at time of booking
- Children 5and under free with paid adult ticket
Products standard cancellable
Please note: The tour does NOT meet at the 9/11 Memorial
Terms and Conditions
Total reviews , average 0.00
$ 69 USD