Xochimilco And University City
Heading south of Mexico City on the Insurgentes Avenue (considered as the longest avenue of the world) we will find San Angel district and the National University of Mexico where one of the greatest Mexican artist of the mid 1900's (Diego Rivera) lived and also decorated the Olympic Stadium. The great work of Juan O´Gorman can be admired on the walls of the library of the University too, as well as the Siqueiros Tridimensional Murals.
Afterwards enjoy a colorful ride on the ancient Aztec waterways of Xochimilco on a traditional "trajinera" (river boats in Nahuatl); also known as Floating Gardens this is one of the favorite Mexican spots to celebrate, a truly colorful and authentic experience. Drift in flat-bottomed boats through the lovely floating gardens of Xochimilco and take in the once enormous agrarian canal system that fed the Aztec capital. I A tour not to be missed while in Mexico City!
- A visit to the iconic National University of Mexico City or "Cd Universitaria" to amaze with its architecture and art
- Spend time sailing on the traditional "trajineras" across the natural water channels of Xochimilco
- Enjoy a traditional celebration at Xochimilco, a favorite traditional spot for both locals and visitors from around the world
- Air-conditioned roundtrip transportation
- Bilingual Guide
What to Bring
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a light sweater or jacket
- Extra cash
Extension to Frida Khalo’s house & Saturday bazaar in San Angel available fort 10 USD extra.
Terms and Conditions
Please confirm your reservation 48 hours in advance, call Olympus Tours Mexico City office 011+52+ (55) 5684-8921 Office hours: MondaybtoFriday 09:00 to 19:00 / Saturday 09:00 to 13:00 hrs. or Cancun office (998)881-9030Our hours are: Monday to Sunday from 07:00 am - 7:00 pm or email@example.com
Remember no refunds for unused tours.