Yarra Valley Food and Wine Day Trip from Melbourne Including Lunch at Yering Station
- Bottled water
- Wine tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
What You Can Expect
Travel to the north-east through the bush laden suburbs of Templestowe, Warrandyte and Wonga Park to the Coldstream Hills Winery at Coldstream. Established by James Halliday, one of Australia’s leading authors and commentators on wine, the wines are beautifully crafted and have enjoyed success at numerous wine shows, especially the chardonnay and pinot noir.
It’s then a short drive to the charming Medhurst Vineyard. Established in 1999, the family owned vineyard of 35 acres has a delightful elevation in the foothills of the Warramate Ranges and produces a small selection of elegant table wines.
Visit the very famous and very French Domaine Chandon. Enjoy a tour of the production facilities before settling down to a glass of premium sparkling wine (methode champenoise) while taking in the glorious vista.
It's then on Yering Station for lunch in their stunning Wine Bar Restaurant. With its world class views and cuisine, you’ll have a full a la carte selection from which to select your main course meal and glass of wine. After lunch, visit the original winery (circa 1859) that features local artworks and produce as well as estate wines to taste.
The final stop for the day is the De Bortoli Winery at Dixons Creek. As Italian as Domaine Chandon is French, it’s a great end to the day with superbly flavoured cheeses that compliment the sparkling, table and dessert wines.
Our journey home takes us through Steels Creek and Christmas Hills for superb Valley views and the occasional kangaroo.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Infant meals not included
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat