Yarra Valley Boutique Food and Wine Tour from Melbourne
- Fun and friendly group sizes (from 6 to 20 guests)
- Wine tasting fees at boutique wineries
- Cheese tasting fees at Yarra Valley Dairy or cheese/cracker board
- Shared gourmet pizza lunch plus sides w/ tea or coffee
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Local guide
- Pickup and drop-off from a central designated meeting point
- Brewery tasting, which usually costs $10 for a paddle of four glass-size samples
- Tasting at chocolaterie/ice-creamery
- Wine and beers/ciders at lunch (available for purchase)
What You Can Expect
Depart from the corner of Swanston & Flinder Street - In front of St Paul’s Cathedral. You'll depart in a fully air-conditioned bus with soft seats (seat-belts attached) which provides for both comfort and safety.
First visit will be a winery to get that much needed serving of liquid breakfast. Your awesome guide will outline the day's itinerary as well as conduct a fun group activity.
Next visit another winery for tasting. The focus will be on giving you a truly diverse experience therefore your guide will select the wineries that offer something unique from each other.
Cheese out at the Yarra Valley Dairy where you get to try gourmet cheeses - it's made on site! And if you fancy crafty food like jams and honey, there's stalls of them here for you to choose from.
On some occasions we may (if the Dairy is unavailable such as on Public Holidays or Peak Period) visit another gorgeous venue such as Yarra Farm Fresh or Gateway Estate where you can be tempted with the local and seasonal produces of the Yarra Valley such as gourmet products & fresh fruit/veges. If this visit occur then we'll organise a lovely cheese & cracker board to be shared at one of the winery.
Then we'll visit either a local cafe, brewery restaurant or winery for a relaxing lunch. Here enjoy each others' company through conversation and a shared experience of delicious gourmet and traditional pizzas with sides plus complimentary drinks to finish (coffee or tea).
Visit your last winery for tasting. We always leave the best till last right?
For some, definitely the most anticipated stop is the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice-Creamery. We know it's been an epic day so lets agree that nothing compares to a bit of sweet sugar.
Lastly finish the tour at Napoleone Brewery & Cidery. You will have the option to try their thirst-quenching paddles - the apple-pear cider is a personal favorite and of course the pale ale (Please note it will be at your discretion to sample the tasting paddles). Surrounding the brewery are the architecturally stunning buildings of Meletos oozing rustic decor and lively ambiance. Take a chance to walk around this lovely venue as you remember the wonderful experiences you've had today.
Relax as you head home back to the CBD via free-way by approx. 5:45pm. What an amazing day out right?
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible