- pin_drop Location: Melbourne (Australia)
- event Season: Daily
- check_circle Availability: Daily
- watch_later Duration: 9 - 12 hours
- people Adult: $ 103.40 USD
- face Child: $ 87.49 USD
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small group tour
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan fitted with free WIFI
- Moonlit Sactuary Wildlife Conservation Park
- Sightseeing at Nobbies and Seal Rocks
- Entry to the famous Penguin Parade
- Gratuities (optional)
What You Can Expect
Your first stop on your Phillip Island day trip is at Brighton. See the iconic Brighton Beach bathing boxes, spend time at the the beach and take some time to admire these historic landmarks.
On Phillip Island, visit the Moonlit Sanctuary Conservation Park, where you'll learn about a broad range of Australian wildlife. You'll have a chance to get up close to cuddly koalas and other animals for feeding time. Included in your visit here is the spectacular “Conservation in Action” wildlife show, which showcases a number of lesser-known Australian species in a series of interactive and engaging ranger presentations.
Continue to the southwestern tip of the island to enjoy panoramic views of the Nobbies, a group of rugged rocks rising from the sea, and Seal Rocks, the home of Australia's largest fur seals population.
At dusk every evening the world's smallest penguins waddle ashore after spending the day fishing out at sea. You will be seated in the main viewing area to watch the parade of waddling penguins. To make this experience even more unforgettable, upgrade to either the Penguins Plus or the Private Penguin Parade Experience. See below for more details.
See the Penguin Parade from an exclusive viewing platform. Located in an area that always experiences high penguin traffic, the Penguins Plus boardwalk seats half the number of people than the main viewing platform. About 50-60% of the penguins arrive close to the Penguins Plus boardwalk, meaning more penguins and fewer people!
Guided Ranger Tour
This small group ranger-guided interpretive experience includes a priority seating position in a secluded area away from the crowds.
Phillip Island penguins seasonal cycle:
Feb - Apr: Molting
May - Jul: Nest Building
Aug - Oct: Egg laying
Nov - Jan: Chick Feeding
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- iPods audio language translators are provided for use and must be requested at time of booking
- Please Note: Photography of any kind is not permitted at the Phillip Island Penguin Parade
- Please note: Children under the age of 12yrs are not able to join the Guided Ranger Tour. Please choose either the Penguin Plus or Standard Penguin Parade
Products standard cancellable
Tour departs from most Melbourne hotels
Terms and Conditions
Total reviews , average 0.00
$ 103.40 USD