- pin_drop Location: Melbourne (Australia)
- event Season: Daily (October - March) Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday (April - September)
- check_circle Availability: Daily (October - March) Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday (April - September)
- watch_later Duration: 6 hours 30 minutes
- people Adult: $ 110.56 USD
- face Child: $ 55.68 USD
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Admission to the Penguin Parade
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
What You Can Expect
Depart from Melbourne in the late afternoon by comfortable coach, following the Yarra River through the leafy southeastern suburbs and rural countryside, before arriving at the bridge to Phillip Island. As you travel, listen to informative commentary from your guide about the sights you pass along the way.
Drive through the fishing village of San Remo as you cross the only bridge onto Phillip Island, stopping at the excellent Phillip Island Visitor Information Centre. Browse exhibits about Phillip Island's abundant wildlife, which includes koalas, fur seals, mutton birds and other migratory birds in addition to tonight’s star attraction, the little penguins.
Little penguins are the smallest penguin species, and the fact that the world’s largest colony of them can be easily visited at Phillip Island makes this a don’t-miss opportunity! Penguin experts estimate that as many as 32,000 little penguins live on Phillip Island. During your visit, learn about conservation issues involved in protecting Phillip Island's wildlife. Revenue from ticket sales gets invested back into research, environmental protections, and education projects to ensure that the penguins and other wildlife flourish.
As the sun sets, head to the beach where you have a choice of the basic seating option on stands with tiered seating or choose the upgrade (details below) for prime penguin viewing. Watch hundreds of little penguins emerge from the sea and waddle along the sand to their burrows, where they feed their young with their day's catch of anchovies and pilchards.
Be sure to bring warm clothes as the ocean air can get cold at night. At the end of the penguin viewing, your coach returns you to Melbourne (about a 90-minute drive) to end your tour, with drop off at select Melbourne hotels.
Penguin Plus Viewing Platform
Upgrade your tour to include all of the above while viewing the penguins from even closer quarters for optimal viewing, accompanied by informative commentary from an expert wildlife ranger. Wooden seating and boardwalks provide excellent sight lines, with a maximum of 150 people permitted in the area.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Departure times subject to change due to daylight savings
- Be sure to bring warm layers of clothing, as the ocean air can get cold at night
Products standard cancellable
4:30pm - October to March
3pm - April to September
Hotel pickups are completed prior to this time
Terms and Conditions
Total reviews , average 0.00
$ 110.56 USD