Melbourne Shore Excursion: Healesville Sanctuary and Puffing Billy Steam Train
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Barbecue lunch
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
What You Can Expect
You’ll be met by your guide at Port Melbourne and driven by comfortable air-conditioned coach about one hour through the Dandenong Ranges, known for cool-climate rainforest and extensive Eucalyptus forests.
First you’ll visit the Healesville Sanctuary, one of the best places in Victoria to see and interact with native Australian wildlife. You’ll walk with your guide through a stunning bushland setting where you can see wombats, birds of prey, platypus, wallabies and other amazing animals that are native to Australia. Hear about the Sanctuary’s efforts to fight wildlife extinction and commitment to treating more than 2,000 sick and injured native animals each year.
After seeing the animals, take a break for a typical Aussie barbecue lunch of locally sourced sausages served with a variety of toppings. Once you have enjoyed the food and hospitality, you’ll reboard your coach and head to the Puffing Billy Steam Train in Belgrave.
Climb aboard the century-old steam train, maintained in mint condition by dedicated volunteers. The Puffing Billy still runs on its own mountain track between Belgrave and Gembrook, through the heart of the rainforest. Travel back in time as you chug through the gorgeous Sherbrooke Forest waving at friendly bystanders as you go.
In the late afternoon you’ll be returned to your ship in Melbourne to end your tour.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Melbourne port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 24 people
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund