Koalas and Kangaroo in the Wild Tour from Melbourne
See Kangaroos and Koalas in the wild! This naturalist guided, small group tour gives you quality time to see wildlife and enjoy the wide open spaces of Australia. Watch the natural behavior of wild kangaroos, koalas and abundant bird life. Get involved in koala research with your naturalist guide. A gourmet Bush lunch is included.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Guided full day tour
- Expert Nature Guides
- Gourmet bush lunch
- Australia's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Gratuities (optional)
What You Can Expect
Walk amongst large free ranging "mobs" (groups) of wild kangaroos. Spot Emus, Cockatoos and other unique Australian wildlife on the grassland, in the bush and around the billabongs of Melbourne's Western Plains.
Visit an open forest in a National Park that is home to a large and healthy population of wild koalas. The koalas research project ensures that on most days you'll have multiple sightings of these delightful creatures.
Within easy reach from the center of the city of Melbourne, these environments provide the perfect introduction to Australia's unique wildlife and indigenous culture. The area you walk through is of great significance to the local Aboriginal People of the Wathaurong Tribe. Freshwater lakes and billabongs nearby provided a rich food source for them, and some signs of their occupation still remain. Your guide will share their knowledge with you.You will be provided with a picnic lunch, served in an open-air setting at the sanctuary, and includes fruit and cakes, coffee and delicious Australian "Billy tea".
Expert Nature Guides:
You will be guided on this journey by friendly, experienced and knowledgeable nature guides. Many hours of research work proceed the tour to ensure that you see and learn about native wildlife in its natural environment. Guides carry two way radios which link them to the office and to emergency services.
Although this tour is vehicle based, most of the day is spent outside the vehicle on a number of easy, flat terrain, bush walks so that you can get close to nature. Passengers must be able to walk unassisted at least 500m on uneven dirt surfaces. There may be up to 5 walks of this duration during the tour.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour operates with a minimum of 2 and maximum 10 adult passengers.
- What to Bring: Good walking shoes or boots, clothing to suit variable weather conditions (temperatures range from 5C to +35C, sun hat, rainproof coat, insect repellent, 15+ sunblock and 1 litre water bottle. Camera and binoculars are also recommended.
- Infant seats can be provided at a fee of AUD$20 payable direct.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Tour itinerary is subject to change to optimise wildlife experience
Products standard cancellable
- Langham Hotel
- Crown Promendade
- Rydges Melbourne
- Swanston Grand Mercure
- Holiday Inn on Flinders
8:10am Langham Hotel, 1 Southgate Avenue, Southbank
8:15am Crown Promendade, 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank
8:40am Rydges Melbourne, 186 Exhibition Street, Melbourne
8:45am Swanston Grand Mecure, 195 Street, Melbourne
9:00am Holiday Inn Flinders, 575 Flinders Lane, Melbourne