Experience Yarra Valley: Beer, Cider, Wine and Food from Melbourne
- Food tasting
- Wine and beer tasting
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Local guide
- Informative cellar door presentations
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels)
- Drinks unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
What You Can Expect
Start your Yarra Valley food tour with morning pickup at your Melbourne hotel. Get comfortable on the air-conditioned minicoach and sit back and relax as your scenic drive begins.
Head east on a scenic 1-hour drive to reach the Yarra Valley, famous for its wine and other gourmet delights. Start the day with a coffee at your first stop Gateway Estate, a shop and tasting room located on a family farm. Try samples of their delicious local produce and gourmet products including strawberries, cheese, preserves, chutneys and strawberry liqueur.
Next, head to Napoleone Brewery & Cider House where you will enjoy a generous sample of ciders and ales made onsite at this rustic micro-brewery in the heart of the Yarra Valley.
Continue to Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery and taste samples of delicious chocolate creations. Walk around the stylish candy-colored building and see how Belgian and French chocolatiers handcraft more than 150 varieties of chocolate. Another sweet touch: the sweeping views of the large property’s gardens, sculptures and orchards.
Your next stop is Rochford Winery for an educational and fun introductory wine class with tasting of Rochford's award winning wines followed by a delicious light lunch in the restaurant overlooking the vines.
After lunch, head to Dominique Portet, a family-run winery founded by a 10th generation winemaker where you will enjoy wine tastings and a game of pétanque (think bocce ball).
Finish the day with a drive through the upper Yarra Valley to Killara Estate (Wednesday Friday or Sunday). Savor wine tastings accompanied by an antipasto platter as you gaze out over the vineyard. You might even spot kangaroos hopping through the vines.
Finish the day at Hanrahan Vineyard (Monday or Saturday) where you can sit back and relax enjoyed your last tasting for the day paired with a delicious cheese platter.
Your guide returns you to your Melbourne hotel in the evening to end your tour.
- Shared Antipasto platters followed by a selection of:
- Jalapeno and smoked cheddar croquettes served with salad (V)
- Winter mushroom and whole barley soup with aged pecorino (V)
- Wild rice & cauliflower salad (V & GF)
- Honey roasted pumpkin and shanklish filo pastry w/ fennel & orange (V)
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not suitable for children aged 18 and under
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund