Best of Melbourne City Tour with Colonial Tramcar Restaurant Dinner
- Experienced tour guide / driver
- Guided coach tour of Melbourne
- Yarra River scenic cruise
- Boxed picnic lunch
- 3-course dinner aboard the Tramcar Restaurant (Early Dinner)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
What You Can Expect
Make your own way to Federation Square to begin your Melbourne tour with a 1-hour Yarra River boat cruise.
Sail by the South Wharf precinct and admire the Polly Woodside, a 3-masted tall ship that was built in Belfast in 1885. Nibble on a gourmet box lunch (see sample menu under Itinerary below) and snap photos of picturesque parks, sporting arenas and more as your onboard guide shares stories about the city’s rich maritime history.
When you return to shore, board a comfortable air-conditioned coach for a 3.5-hour city sightseeing tour with live commentary. Begin at two sites loved by sports fans: Melbourne Cricket Ground and the National Tennis Centre in Melbourne Park.
Continue to Kings Domain, a large park which contains the Royal Botanic Gardens and other attractions. Have time to take a stroll around the lake or purchase Devonshire tea before continuing to the nearby Shrine of Remembrance, a memorial to people who perished in the First World War.
Next, drive past the Arts Centre Melbourne, the Docklands and Etihad Stadium. On Bolte Bridge, keep your camera handy for excellent views of the Port of Melbourne and city skyline.
Top off your Melbourne tour at the popular Colonial Tramcar Restaurant, a top-rated restaurant-on-wheels located on a historic tramcar. You are welcomed aboard by the maitre d’ and shown to your table for a delicious 3-course dinner served by a professional staff. Savor a delicious meal that features fresh produce and other local ingredients accompanied by a range of beverages from a fully stocked bar (sample menu under Itinerary).
Surrounded by old-world ambiance, you'll dine in style while your tram rolls through South Melbourne, St Kilda, Prahran and Malvern. One-way windows provide privacy and modern amenities ensure a comfortable trip.
Your comprehensive 7-hour tour of Melbourne concludes in the early evening at the end of your tramcar journey.
- Chicken - "Bogota" Aioli Chicken Sandwich - pulled chicken with homemade aioli, rocket, avocado on multi-grain bread
- Vegetarian - "Amazonas" Sandwich - roasted pumpkin, sautéed Portobello mushrooms, mozzarella, cheddar and tasty cheeses with lemon sauce on multi-grain bread
- Pork - "Los Llanos" BBQ Pork Sandwich - slow cooked pulled BBQ pork with salami, ham, tasty cheese, caramelized onion, pickles on multi-grain bread
- Gluten Free - grilled chicken breast (100g) with mix green leaves in a light and fragrant lemon dressing (dessert is South American Alfajor (cookie))
The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant sample menu:
Appetizer (choose one):
- Chicken liver and cognac pate crowned with pink peppercorns
- Roasted red capsicum dip served with assorted crisp bread
- Grilled chicken fillet served on a Mediterranean vegetable risotto with pesto, shaved parmesan and a roasted tomato sauce
- Victoria-farmed eye fillet of beef resting on a potato and herb rosti, with seasonal vegetables, onion marmalade and rich beef jus
- Warm sticky date pudding topped with butterscotch sauce served with cream
- Vanilla bean panna cotta with crumbled pistachio and sweet cherry syrup
- Wines: select Victorian red and white wines
- Bar: beer, whiskey, brandy, gin, vodka, Bacardi rum and dry vermouth
- Liqueurs: port, cognac, Drambuie, DOM Benedictine, Cointreau and Tia Maria
- Coffee and tea
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please confirm lunch choice at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual on board the Colonial Tramcar Restaurant
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking