Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and Oxford Day Trip
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 53 people)
- Wi-Fi access on coach
- Entrance to Windsor Castle and Stonehenge
- Oxford walking tour
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pick-up
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
What You Can Expect
Start your day trip at Victoria Coach Station to meet your guide and board the coach to Windsor Castle.
When you pull up outside the castle, an official residence of Queen Elizabeth II, head inside with your included ticket and audio guide to explore highlights like the State Apartments and St. George’s Chapel. Depending on timing, you might also be able to watch the guards, dressed in cherry red tunics and bearskins, performing the famous Changing of the Guard ceremony.
After roughly two hours, continue to Stonehenge, the mysterious, UNESCO World Heritage-listed stone circle set on the Salisbury Plain. During the audio tour, hear the theories behind the creation of this prehistoric site, as well as its association with Merlin and King Arthur.
Next, head for the honey-hued city of Oxford, home to Britain’s oldest and perhaps most prestigious university. Plug into your provided headset and follow in the footsteps of luminaries like J.R.R. Tolkien with a guided tour of the university’s famous buildings, including Christchurch College and the Bodleian Library.
When the time comes, journey back to London by coach, where your day trip ends at Victoria Coach Station.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Windsor Castle viewing is restricted on Sundays, and St George's Chapel is closed
- Please note:Windsor Castle is closed on 29 & 30March, 1 & 20 April, 18, 19 May, 17 & 18Junethe tour will visit Hampton Court Palace instead.
- Please note:the State Apartments are closed on the following dates: 22 March, 19, 20, 21 April, 19 June. On these dates the tour will visit Queen Mary's Doll House and St Georges Chapel instead.
- Please note:Stonehenge will be closed to visitors on 20 and 21 June due to the Summer Solstice. On these dates the tour will visit Avebury instead of Stonehenge
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
Products standard cancellable
April 1 2018 onward: