Small-Group Changing of the Guard Walking Tour
See British tradition come to life on this fully-guided Changing of the Guard walking tour that ensures you get the very best views of this spectacular ceremony. Don’t make the same mistake that so many visitors often – and understandably – make, believing the prime vantage point from where to experience this time-honoured tradition is outside Buckingham Palace.
These spectators’ enthusiasm quickly turns to disappointment when they realise that they have waited for hours only to see the very end of this unique performance, their view often blocked by the throngs of people crowding around them. Instead, follow your guide on a dynamic journey that takes in the entire Changing of the Guard from beginning to end as they expertly navigate the crowds to take you to the best – and most photographable – viewpoints.
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Headsets when appropriate
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
What You Can Expect
Your guide is an expert on the history of this fascinating ceremony and their knowledge will give you invaluable insight into every detail of this British spectacle. With your own personal headset allowing you to easily follow your guide’s entertaining commentary, you can fully take in the splendour parading past you. Marvel at the precision with which the Queen’s Foot Guards march to Buckingham Palace, clad in their iconic red tunics and bearskin hats, or admire the gleaming coats of the Household Cavalry’s horses as they emerge at Horse Guard’s Parade. With a small group of only 15 people or fewer you will be able to move quickly from vantage point to vantage point; your guide pointing out interesting details while you take as many photographs as you want!
Please note: The Changing of the Guard ceremony is subject to changes in date, time and cancellation at the discretion of British authorities. Cancellation due to bad weather is not announced before 11am. Even when cancelled, customers will still see a ‘wet change’ during which the guards march but without the usual music and parade.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The Changing of the Guard ceremony is subject to changes in date, time and cancellation at the discretion of British authorities. Cancellation due to bad weather is not announced before 11am. Even when cancelled, customers will still see a ‘wet change’ during which the guards march but without the usual music and parade.
- Unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance.
- Not able to accommodate strollers or baby carriages
- Please note weather is very changeable in London, please ensure you have rainproof clothing
- This tour involves a reasonable amount of walking.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please note: timings and sites are subject to last minute changes on rare occasions.
Products standard cancellable
The Duke of York Column, London
Outside Buckingham Palace