Shakespeare's Stratford-upon-Avon Tour from London
Visit the home of iconic playwright William Shakespeare on a full-day tour from London. Be guided through historic Stratford-upon-Avon and the 12-room cottage and gardens where Shakespeare’s wife Anne Hathaway lived, before enjoying a delicious box lunch en route to the Cotswolds. Here you will experience pretty English countryside and villages such as Bibury, described by poet William Morris as the “most beautiful village in England.” Then, relax as you are returned to London.
- Entry to Shakespeare’shome in Stratford-on-Avon
- Entry to Anne Hathaway’s Cottage and Gardens
- Entry to Shakespeare's Schoolroom
- Photo stops at Bourton-on-the-Water and Bibury
- Packedbox lunch
- Transportation by Luxury Air-Conditioned Coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Make your own way to the tour starting point in Victoria, central London, to meet your guide and group. Hop aboard a climate-controlled vehicle and journey from the city into the English countryside.
Begin with a visit to Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of Shakespeare, roughly two hours away. Explore themedieval market town and the half-timbered house where the legendary bard was born. Learn about Shakespeare's family from a fascinating collection of artifacts and experience how his extraordinary work is still relevant today.
Shakespeare’s Schoolroom. See where the iconic English writer spent his school years in this fascinating trip to Shakespeare’s Schoolroom. Explore where it all started for the playwright, before he moved to London to bring his plays to the stage.
Continue to Anne Hathaway’s Cottage & Gardens. See this historical English home — a thatched farmhouse containing original Tudorfurniture — where Shakespeare courted his former bride. Meander the cottage’s gardens and grounds overflowing with fragrant blooms and traditional shrubs.
Complementary lunch pack included. Sit down to a box lunch aboard your vehicle and gaze out at the rolling hills and storybookvillages as you ride through the Cotswolds, a designated "Area of Natural Beauty."
Stop for photo opportunities in three of the region's prettiest villages, including Bibury andBourton-on-the-Water, oftendescribed as the “Little Venice.”
After a day of sightseeing, arrive back in London at roughly6:30pm. Your tour then concludes with a drop-off at the original start point.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. Cancellation after confirmationis possible if there are not enough gueststo meet requirements. If this occurs you will be offered an alternative tour date or full refund
- Involves amoderate amount of walking
- Bookings made after midnight for the same day will not include a free lunch
- During peak periods, vehicles without Wi-Fi may be used