Salisbury, Stonehenge and Bath Day Trip from London
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees to Salisbury Cathedral and Stonehenge
- Afternoon tea at Salisbury Cathedral
- Use of personal Vox headphones
- Transport by air-conditioned coach with free wifi(maximum 50 people)
- Afternoon tea, sandwiches, scones, cakes and tea
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pick-up
What You Can Expect
Board a luxury coach in central London in the morning. Pop in your state-of-the-art Vox headphones and listen to your guide’s informative commentary as you begin your day trip into the English countryside.
The beautiful Salisbury Cathedral is an international symbol of Christianity and a world class heritage attraction. The spire is the tallest in England, 123 meters (404 feet). Once inside you'll be impressed by the Cathedral's graceful, elegant proportions. We visit The Chapter House home to one of only 4 surviving copies of The Magna Carta and see the oldest working clock in Europe, dating back to 1386.
Afternoon Tea at Salisbury Cathedral
Enjoy a sumptuous afternoon tea in the beautifully quaint Bell Tower Tea Rooms overlooking the North Lawn of the Cathedral. This elegant afternoon tea includes sandwiches, scones, jam and a delicate selection of cakes and fancies, complete with teas, coffees and juices.
5,000 years ago the huge 40 tonne stones were dragged from over 280 miles away in Wales. Who built it and why remains a mystery today. Some say that it was built as a religious temple, or an astronomical clock. Stonehenge continues to enthrall the imagination and captivate the heart of every visitor.
This beautiful Georgian city justly deserves its status as a World Heritage Site, with its delightful terraces, elegant crescents and stunning architecture, on our panoramic tour of the city we will show you the crescents, Pulteney Bridge modelled on the Ponte Vecchio in Florence and Bath Abbey. Enjoy free time to explore this beautiful city.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note:Stonehenge will be closed to visitors on 20 and 21 June due to the Summer Solstice. On these dates the tour will visit Avebury instead of Stonehenge
- Audio guide at Stonehenge is offered in ten languages