Salisbury, Stonehenge and Bath Custom Day Trip from London
- Expert guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach and free WIFI
- Vox audio guide
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pick-up
- Salisbury Cathedral tour (approx. 7.50 GBP per adult, 3.00 GBP per child and 6.50 GBP per senior)
- Admission to the Roman Baths (approx. 15.50 GBP per adult, 9.80 GBP per child and 13.75 GBP per senior)
- Admission to Stonehenge (approx. 18.20 GBP per adult, 10.90 GBP per child , 16.40 GBP per senior)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
What You Can Expect
Begin with a pickup from Victoria Coach Station. Hop aboard a luxury coach and plug into your state-of-the-art Vox headphones so you can hear your guide’s commentary as you journey into the beautiful English countryside.
After a 2-hour drive, arrive in the charming Wiltshire town of Salisbury, known for its 750-year-old cathedral that boasts the tallest spire in England. Set off to explore independently, or upgrade for a guided tour of the cathedral with your guide.
Enter Salisbury Cathedral and soak up the history and grandeur of one of the leading examples of Early English architecture. Then, visit the church’s chapter house, which displays one of the four surviving original copies of the Magna Carta. Spend two hours perusing the cathedral, exploring the captivating town and having lunch (own expense) at your leisure before boarding the coach and drive to your next destination.
Traveling even further back in time through the rolling Wessex landscape, you will arrive in Stonehenge. Who dragged these massive stones to this lonely plain near Salisbury 5,000 years ago, and why? These questions have haunted the minds of centuries of scholars. You will have the opportunity to walk around these magical stones and contemplate the landscape in which they were erected so many centuries ago.
Next, return to your coach and travel 30 minutes to the UNESCO-listed city of Bath, famous for its elegant Georgian architecture. Take in sights such as Bath Abbey, Pulteney Bridge and the Circus and Assembly Rooms.
Should you wish, upgrade to enjoy a visit to the Roman Baths, the best-preserved public baths from the Ancient Roman world, beautifully restored during the Victorian era. Hear from your guide about the source of these famous hot springs and discover the baths’ uses by the Celts and Romans. Alternatively, enjoy free time to explore the city center at your own pace.
When the time comes, settle into your seat aboard your luxury coach and relax during the 2.5-hour journey back to London.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note:Stonehenge will be closed to visitors on 20 and 21 June due to the Summer Solstice. On these dates the tour will visit Avebury instead of Stonehenge