- pin_drop Location: London (England)
- event Season: April to October 2017 : Daily November 2017 to March 2018 : Monday, Wednesday and Sunday April to October 2018 : DailyNovember 2018 to March 2019 : Monday, Wednesday and Sunday
- check_circle Availability: April to October 2017 : Daily November 2017 to March 2018 : Monday, Wednesday and Sunday April to October 2018 : DailyNovember 2018 to March 2019 : Monday, Wednesday and Sunday
- watch_later Duration: 10 hours
- people Adult: $ 120.89 USD
- face Child: $ 107.46 USD
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Use of a headset
- Walking Tour of Oxford
- Entrance fees to Shakespeare's Birthplace and Warwick Castle
- Wi-Fi on the coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to Christ Church
- Entrance to Bodleian Library
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pick-up
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide at Victoria Coach Station to begin your tour. Hop aboard your first-class, luxury coach and relax as you travel northwest, away from the hustle and bustle of England’s capital.
Your first stop is the medieval Warwick Castle, whose magnificent towers and ramparts remain mostly intact. Travel back through 1,000 years of history as you cross the footbridge to a bygone world of banquets, battles and ceremony. Climb the winding staircase to the Princess Tower, or, if you're feeling brave, visit the spine-chilling dungeons where prisoners were tortured. You might wish to take a stroll through the castle's lovingly tended gardens, where archery, falconry and jousting take place in the summer months.
Next, head to Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of the famous playwright William Shakespeare. Visit Shakespeare's Tudor-era home, with its typical parlor, bedrooms, kitchen and buttery. After, enjoy some free time for lunch (own expense) at one of the many charming eateries.
Then make your way to Oxford. Known as the ‘City of Dreaming Spires,’ Oxford is home to the oldest university in the English-speaking world. On arrival, step out of your coach and enjoy a walking tour of the city center with your guide.
Plug into your state-of-the-art headset and listen to your guide clearly as you pass by the elegant, timeworn buildings and courtyard that have inspired generation of scholars, including Bill Clinton and his daughter Chelsea, Hugh Grant and Kate Beckinsale. See the Bodleian Library and Christ Church College, where Harry Potter scenes were filmed and where Albert Einstein studied.
Next, enjoy a brief stop for refreshments (own expense) before hopping back inside your coach and traveling through the rolling hills of the Cotswolds, an area steeped in gentle English beauty, history and heritage. Look out the window to admire the thatched-roof cottages and charming inns.
Your day trip then concludes back at Victoria Coach Station in the evening.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
Products standard cancellable
April 1 2018 onward:
Terms and Conditions
Total reviews , average 0.00
$ 120.89 USD