London Vintage Bus with Thames Cruise plus Pub Lunch Option
- Local guide
- Tour by vintage bus
- River cruise
- Fish and chips lunch (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
What You Can Expect
Hop aboard a vintage red double-decker bus, and then sit back and relax on a sightseeing tour of London. On a route around the city center, watch out for iconic London monuments like Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square and Westminster Abbey — where Prince William married Kate Middleton in 2011. Listen to details of each sight’s history from your guide.
Pass St Paul's Cathedral, a much-loved Baroque cathedral that has hosted countless services for London’s dignitaries over the years, and hear details of significant occasions, such as the wedding of Lady Diana to Prince Charles, from your guide.
Amble down to the banks of the Thames River for a photo stop outside the Tower of London. Designed to terrify Londoners while deterring foreign invaders, the formidable-looking tower is now home to the Crown Jewels and the famous Beefeater guards who protect them.
Walk along the river to Tower Pier and hop aboard a sightseeing boat for a leisurely cruise to Westminster. Sit out on deck or relax in the comfy seats in the saloon, listening to audio commentary about all the sites that you pass. Cruise under London Bridge, gaze at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, and see the London Eye just across the river.
Next, head to the Queen’s famous residence — Buckingham Palace — and see the legendary Changing of the Guard ceremony from outside the palace gates. In time to drumbeats from a military band, soldiers from the Queen’s Foot Guard march to Buckingham Palace in their eye-catching red tunics and bearskin hats.
Watch this traditional ceremony, your tour will then conclude near Victoria Railway Station in central London. Upgrade to include a delicious fish and chips lunch in a central London pub.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please note: this is an open top bus tour, please be prepared for the possibility of rain. On rare occasions the open top bus may be changed to a closed top bus
- Please note:Audio guide in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish language will be available only until the 31st of October 2017.