London Thames River Afternoon Tea Cruise
- 1.5-hour sightseeing cruise
- Afternoon tea with a selection of sandwiches, cakes, scones and teas and coffees
- On-board commentary
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Make your own way to the Embankment Pier in central London and board your comfortable sightseeing cruise boat. Then, settle at your white linen-covered table in the interior cabin, and enjoy the views through the picture windows as your boat follows a round-trip route along the Thames River.
Stay inside or head for the upper observation deck with your camera as you glide past a roll call of London landmarks. Absorb views of the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye, drift by the Tower of London, and admire the aptly-named ‘Gherkin’ building, St Paul’s Cathedral and soaring glass spire of The Shard, London’s newest architectural icon.
As you cruise, enjoy a quintessentially English afternoon tea set to soft piano music from the resident pianist. Savor freshly cut finger sandwiches, exquisite cakes and fluffy scones served with dollops of Cornish clotted cream and strawberry preserves, all arranged on dainty cake stands and accompanied by freshly brewed tea and coffee, fresh from the pot. Just remember to crook your little finger in true English aristocratic style as you lift your cup! See the Itinerary for a sample menu.
After your 1.5-hour cruise, catch your last views of London from the water as your boat arrives back at its starting point. Your tour ends when you step back ashore.
Freshly cut finger sandwiches:
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese and horseradish
- Cheddar cheese and cucumber
- Ham and mustard mayonnaise
- Fluffy English scones served with Cornish clotted cream and strawberry preserve
- Selection of traditional English cakes and mini pastries
- Selection of high quality teas and Fairtrade coffees
(Products may contains nuts or traces of nuts)
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Seat allocation is according to your booking, only on rare occasions will you be allocated shared seating with other guest
- Dress code is smart - no casual clothes (i.e. jeans, sportswear, joggers or sneakers)
Products standard cancellable
Departure time: 3:30pm