Royal London with Changing of the Guard plus Stonehenge
- Both Tours:
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Royal London Sightseeing Tour with Changing of the Guard Ceremony:
- Panoramic tour of London
- Professional guide
- Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- Stonehenge Trip (unescorted)
- Admission to Stonehenge
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pick-up
- Guide - Stonehenge Express
What You Can Expect
Royal London Sightseeing Tour with Changing of the Guard Ceremony (3.5 Hours)
Following pickup from Victoria Coach Station, your morning tour begins with a panoramic drive to Kensington Palace, once home to Princess Diana. Pop in your state-of-the-art Vox headphones as your tour starts and listen to your guide talking clearly about each site. On route, see the Royal Albert Hall, where many famous concerts are hosted, and the Albert Memorial.
Continue to Trafalgar Square, passing Whitehall and the Prime Minister’s residence on Downing Street. On arrival at Parliament Square, view more top London attractions including Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey, where Prince William and Kate Middleton were married.
Next, head to St James’s Park and Buckingham Palace to watch the Changing of the Guard ceremony. Accompanied by a military band, soldiers from the Queen’s Foot Guard march to Buckingham Palace in their cherry-red tunics and bearskin hats. This is Buckingham Palace’s oldest ceremony, and it is truly representative of the pomp and ceremony that make the British Royal Family so fascinating.
Your tour then finishes in Trafalgar Square.
London to Stonehenge Independent Afternoon Trip with Audio Tour (5.5 to 6 Hours)
Head out of London on an air-conditioned coach to the UNESCO-listed Stonehenge. This fascinating stone circle has sat in the same spot on the Salisbury plain for more than 5,000 years, yet nobody knows why it is there or how it was constructed.
Plug into your included audio-guide to hear the different theories surrounding its purpose, and enjoy about an hour to wander around the stones independently. See the beautiful Bluestone rocks on the inside of the circle, and wonder at how these 40-ton stones could have been transported and who could have carved them in such a distinctive way.
When the time comes, return to your coach and travel back to Victoria.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note:
- Until 31st March 2018 -on day 1 you will do the Royal London Sightseeing Tour with Changing of the Guard Ceremony and on the next consecutive day you will do the Morning Stonehenge Trip
- From 1st April - 30th September 2018 -Royal London with Changing of the Guard in the morning, plus an afternoon Stonehenge Express tour the same day.
- Please note: Occasionally there may not be a Changing of the Guard. On these occasions you will visit Horse Guards Parade, built on the site of the jousting yard of the old Whitehall Palace
- Please note: The Stonehenge tour is not an escorted tour - you are issued with an audio guide at Stonehenge
Products standard cancellable
Depart at 8.45am on both days
Tours to be taken in two consecutive days
From 1st April until 30th September 2018
Tours to be take in one day
Depart at 8.45am - Morning tour
Depart at 1.00pm - Afternoon tour
Stonehenge Trip: Victoria Station