London in One Day with Tower of London and London Eye Upgrade
- Blue Badge guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Entrance fee to the Tower of London
- Entrance fee to St Paul's Cathedral
- Thames River cruise
- London Eye standard flight (if option selected)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pick-up
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide on board your air-conditioned coach, and then relax as you travel around central London to see the sights. Pass through Parliament Square, seeing the Houses of Parliament and the Big Ben clock, and then travel past Westminster Abbey where Prince William married Kate Middleton in a lavish royal wedding ceremony. Admire prestigious government buildings at Whitehall and Downing Street, and then see the hustle and bustle that surrounds Nelson’s Column at Trafalgar Square.
Travel to Buckingham Palace, the official London residence of the Queen, and walk around in front of the gates to see the famous Changing of the Guard ceremony. Have your camera ready to capture the pomp and pageantry of the Queen’s Foot Guard as they march in their eye-catching red tunics and bearskin hats, and then travel by coach to a traditional London pub in Trafalgar Square.
Rest and refuel with a hearty lunch (own expense), and then continue your day of sightseeing with a visit to the City of London, an area just east of the city center where many of London’s banks can be found. Look out for the sights as your guide explains their history and hop out for fast-track entry and a guided tour of St Paul's Cathedral.
Continue to the Tower of London, and head inside to explore at your leisure. The former prison and fortress, which looks out over the River Thames, was built to terrify potential invaders and Londoners alike. Steeped in centuries of murder and treason, the tower is fascinating to explore with its famous jet-black ravens and Beefeater guides. Should you wish, opt to join one of the complimentary Beefeater tours that run every 30 minutes and hear tragic tales of the royals and nobles who met their end within the tower’s walls.
Before your tour finishes, receive a ticket for a sightseeing cruise along the River Thames, from the Tower of London to Westminster Pier. Upgrade to include an flexible ticket for the London Eye, to used any time you wish.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please note: St Paul’s Cathedral is closed to the public on Sundays andspecial events or services :We will stop for photographs at St Paul's Cathedral and spend longer at Tower of London instead
- Please note:St Paul's Cathedral is closed on the following dates:St Paul's Cathedral is closed on the following dates: March 14, 30, May 12, 15, June 23, 28, 30. There will be a photo stop outside the Cathedral and longer time spent at the Tower of London.
- Occasionally there may not be a Changing of the Guard. On these occasions you will visit Horse Guards Parade, built on the site of the jousting yard of the old Whitehall Palace