London Highlights Family-Friendly Tour with Blue Badge Guide
Enjoy a private tour of London's city center highlights designed for your family and kids. An expert guide will engage both children and parents in a fun and educational itinerary that includes Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, the changing of the guards, Downing Street and many other famous sites. The 2.5-hour walking will also utilize public transport along the way.
- Private walking tour
- Blue Badge guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees (optional, max. £20 per person)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions (max. £12 per person by public transport. Tour guides will suggest the best travel ticket to save money)
What You Can Expect
The guide will meet you outside St James’s Park Tube Station in the morning and introduce you to two of Greater London's most famous boroughs, the City of Westminster, and the city of London. Situated alongside the River Thames, these boroughs are steeped in history. With the use of visual aids, games, and other activities, a very knowledgeable guide will introduce the kids to the important buildings and iconic symbols of this part of London. This tour has been designed to be educational but fun!
First stop is Westminster Abbey, the magnificent Gothic cathedral next to the Place of Westminster, the most important religious building in all of the United Kingdom. This church is where Britain's kings and queens are traditionally crowned and also where they are eventually buried.
Next, your guide will take you to see Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, then to Downing Street where the residences and official offices of Her Majesty's British Government are housed - The Prime Minister at No. 10, and the Chancellor of the Exchequer at No. 11.
A short walk away is Buckingham Palace where the Queen resides when she is in London and where, on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays, can be seen the amazing spectacle of the changing of the guard, as long as the weather is fine. You'll take the worlds oldest metro system, the London Underground, from the city of Westminster to the city of London.
London was a Roman settlement and dates from the 1st Century AD to the middle ages. It is a very ancient section of Greater London and was originally named Londinium. You will also be able to see sections of the old London Wall, fortifications built by the Romans at the time of the great Roman empire to protect the city from marauders.
This is a tour the whole family will enjoy and your guide will be happy to customize the itinerary for you if you wish to do so.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Some transfers between sites will be done by underground (tube) or taxi
- Approx. 1 mile (1.7 kilometers) of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum age to participate is 6 years. Children under 6 acan be on the tour without participating