London East End Food Tour
- Local guide
- 10 food tastings
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
What You Can Expect
After meeting your guide near Spitalfields, set off on your stroll around the area to learn about east London’s food scene and culinary heritage. Culturally diverse, with London’s largest immigrant population, the east London area has its own distinct cuisine influenced by the different nationalities who live there. Sample a total of ten popular local dishes as you explore; highlights are as described below.
Start with a traditional British breakfast staple – the humble bacon sandwich – at St John Bread and Wine, a meat-specialist restaurant that’s become a local institution. Then, step back in time with a visit to the English Restaurant to sample its legendary bread pudding.
Wander over to Androuet, one of London’s top cheese producers, to sample artisan British cheeses, and then enjoy a leisurely amble north to Poppies – a proper East End chippy— for a portion of fish and chips, wrapped in newspaper.
Head back toward Spitalfields and stroll down Brick Lane, Britain's undisputed curry capital that's home to Indian food shops and curry restaurants galore. Head inside Aladin, your guide’s favorite eatery, and sample Bangladeshi and Indian specialties while learning how curry has become Britain’s national dish. Then, wander into the heart of the East End’s Shoreditch to visit Beigel Bake, one of the most famous bagel shops this side of the Atlantic. Chow down on one of their salted beef bagels, and you’ll quickly realize how they made it onto Time Out London’s ‘100 Best Dishes in London’ list.
Your final visit is to another historical English restaurant where you'll try a salted caramel tart to finish on a sweet-tasting high note! Your tour then finishes in the heart of Shoreditch, near Pizza East.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour can be modified for vegetarians. If you require this please add a note to 'special requirements' at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund