Westminster Changing of the Guard, Buckingham Palace, Tea Tour
Experience two top London sights and one of Britain's best traditions on this full-day combo tour. Visit Westminster Abbey; get an inside look at Buckingham Palace, the Queen's official London residence; and watch the Changing of the Guard, a wonderful display of British pageantry. Then, cap your day with an indulgent afternoon tea at a luxury London hotel.
- Exclusive, skip-the-line entrance ticket to Westminster Abbey
- Timed entrance ticket to Buckingham Palace, with access to the State Rooms
- Afternoon tea
- Expertise of local guide
- Headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide
- • Gratuities
• Hotel pick-up/drop-off
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide by the column opposite the west entrance of Westminster Abbey, one of the world’s greatest churches and the site of royal coronations for 1,000 years.
Step inside this 700-year-old monument for a guided tour highlighting its most important and fascinating features. Learn how the abbey is a significant structure in British history, welcoming kings, queens and statesmen, and playing host to state funerals and royal weddings — most recently the marriage William and Kate.
Next, follow your guide to see the Changing of the Guard. Depending on the day, you'll either watch the ceremony at Buckingham Palace or at House Guards Parade. Your guide will make sure you’re in a prime position to get the best views and regale you with details on the history and pageantry behind this beloved event. Please note: In heavy rain, the Changing of the Guard does not take place.
After a break for lunch (own expense), it’s time to visit Buckingham Palace, the residence of Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh, for an audio-guided tour. See the balcony where the royal family appears during major events, and hear stories of intruders and princes scaling the walls to get both inside and out. Then, separate from your guide and head inside to see the magnificent State Rooms, which are only open to the public for two short months out of the entire year.
Join back up with your guide, and then end the day with a sumptuous afternoon tea. Savor delicious scones topped with jam and clotted cream, a selection of sandwiches and cakes, and a pot of fresh tea, all served on fine china in the magnificent setting of a traditional London luxury hotel.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress modestly when entering Westminster Abbey. BOTH men and women must cover knees and shoulders
- Changing of the Guard does not occur inheavy rains. You'll embark on an extended walking tour instead
- Please let us knowabout anyspecific dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian)when booking the tour
- Photography is not permitted in Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace, but is allowed within the gardens
- Unfortunately this tour cannot accommodatewheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. The supplier is also unable to accommodate strollers andbaby carriages
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs
- Due toissues beyondour control, timings and itinerariesare subject to last-minute changes on rare occasions
- Group size is 25 people max