Kent, Canterbury, Dover, and Greenwich Tour from London
- Entry to Leeds Castle
- Mead Tour at Leeds Castle
- Entry to Canterbury Cathedral
- Thames Boat Ride
- Transportation by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Lunch packs included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Leeds Castle sits deep in the heart of the magnificent Kent countryside amid 500 acres of landscaped parkland. The early arrival promises an almost private visit to the Castle, where Henry VIII retreated to escape the plague that raged in London during his reign. As the ultimate Tudor treat, upon arrival at Leeds Castle you will be greeted by an expert guide. Learn about the history of this magical castle and sample a glass of mead as Henry VIII would have had! (During the summer, Mead is unavailable on Saturdays).
Visit Canterbury Cathedral, the home to 104 Archbishops since Augustine, Canterbury is a magnificent medieval city with a wealth of history. Discover the spot where Archbishop Thomas Becket was murdered in 1170. Learn the intriguing history behind this masterpiece of medieval architecture and appreciate the spectacular stained glass windows, many of which have survived from the 12th and 13th centuries.
Lunch packs will be included.
The White Cliffs of Dover, admire the famous White Cliffs of Dover, with a photo opportunity on the stunning stretch of coastline that faces continental Europe. You'll also get the chance to see Dover Castle, an impressive medieval fortress rising over the English Channel.
Greenwich, set right beside the River Thames, Greenwich is bustling with fine maritime landmarks. See the Royal Observatory and world–famous Cutty Sark, a fascinating 19th–century ship as well as the Old Royal Naval College designed by Sir Christopher Wren.
River Thames boat ride, get a fresh perspective on the city sights with a boat ride on the River Thames from Greenwich to Embankment Pier. Pass Tower Bridge and stunning St. Paul’s Cathedral along the route. Estimated arrival time to Embankment Pier, is around 6.30pm where the tour finishes.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- On 7, 8, 9, 16, 17 February 2018 Greenwich Pier will be closed. There will be no boat ride from Greenwich to London Eye due to Thames Clipper- LRD planned Greenwich Pier closure