- pin_drop Location: London (England)
- event Season: Selected departures
- check_circle Availability: Selected departures
- watch_later Duration: 10 hours 30 minutes
- people Adult: $ 180.78 USD
- face Child: $ 167.39 USD
- Hotel pickup from Cumberland Hotel OR Millennium Gloucester Hotel only
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fee
- Bath walking tour (if morning option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
What You Can Expect
Choose a morning or evening tour when booking, and then leave central London to visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Stonehenge, free from its daytime crowds. Visitors arriving at the site during the peak daylight hours are not permitted to have direct access to the intriguing stone circle. However, your ‘private viewing’ tour enables your group to walk inside the roped-off circle, and admire the stones close up.
Hear the secrets and mysterious stories about Stonehenge from your expert guide, and experience the site at its atmospheric best! Depending on the time of year you visit, you may even be lucky enough to catch the sunset or sunrise; it’s sure to make your Stonehenge viewing an unforgettable experience. Read on for more details of each option; both tours finish with a drop-off at Victoria in central London.
After exploring the stones with your guide, travel onward to the nearby village of Lacock, a place often cited as one of England’s most picturesque villages. Hear of Lacock’s past as a Saxon dwelling, and learn about its use as a setting for many movie and TV programs including the adaptation of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Stretch your legs on a walk with your guide, and then head inside the George, a 14th-century pub, for breakfast (own expense).
Continue to Bath, a UNESCO-listed city in the county of Somerset. Enjoy a tour of the Roman Baths, visit Bath Abbey, and learn some more about Jane Austen, who was born in the city. If you wish, enjoy a short walking tour to see where the legendary novelist Charles Dickens lived and worked as a young man, and sample fresh cheese from a local dairy. Alternatively, make the most of some free time to explore independently.
From London, travel first to the city of Bath to explore the Roman Baths and visit Bath Abbey, as described for the Morning Tour. Continue to Lacock for a walk around the picturesque village, and then enjoy dinner at the George pub (own expense). Last, but not least, travel to Stonehenge for your tour of the stones when the day-trippers have left the site.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- Access to the inner circle of stones may be prohibited in wet weather conditions for health and safety reasons. On these occasions we still include a guided tour of Stonehenge beyond the outer walkway, normally roped off to the public
- At certain times, due to the long summer daylight hours, it is not possible to see the actual sunrise or sunset. The tour arrives as early/late as possible to enjoy the private tour inside the stones
- Tour operates with a maximum of 52 people
- Please note: Hotel pickup is from selected hotels only, please refer to voucher for further details
Products standard cancellable
Hotel pickups commence from 10:45am
April to November the viewing takes place at 6:30/ 7:30pm;
December to March the evening viewing is at 4:30/ 4:45pm
Detailed hotel pickup times and locations are included on your confirmation voucher
Terms and Conditions
Total reviews , average 0.00
$ 180.78 USD