Changing of the Guard Guided Walking Tour in London
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
What You Can Expect
The tour begins in late morning at Piccadilly Circus where you will be given an overview of what to expect. Make your way down lower Regent Street to Waterloo Place, where you will be told a little bit about royal history and the general area of Pall Mall and St James. After hearing about the history of the Duke of York Column, you will be led along the Mall, stopping at various places along the way, possibly including the Royal Society, a statue of King George VI and Marlborough House.
Then, head over to St. James Palace, where we will await the arrival of the Old Guard on the courtyard. The inspection will take place, and the Guards will then depart.
The next part of the tour involves marching in step with the Guards. Your guide will then take you to see the New Guard at Wellington Barracks. We will then finish the tour with a wonderful view of Buckingham Palace. Although this is the proposed itinerary, it is at the mercy of the British Army, British weather, and crowd size, so it is in its very nature a rather flexible tour.
Please note that as you march at the same pace as the guards at one point and encounter two flights of steps, you must have a reasonable level of fitness and be physically able in order to take this tour. Also, while you will see various stages of the Changing the Guard ceremony, you will not see the section within the courtyard of Buckingham Palace as the crowds are too large and also very little happens there.
From 2018 Sunday's tour will start at 9.15am to enable us to witness the Change of the Lifeguard ceremony as an extra bonus!
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- There are no toilet or refreshment breaks on this tour
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Ceremony can be altered at the discretion of the British Army, or occasionally due to rain
- All tours are dependent on the British Army's schedule
- No dogs are allowed on the tour other than guide dogs.
Products standard cancellable
All tours are dependent on the British Army's schedule.